Sting-ray 3 speed sick shift

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey rat rod bikers

does anyone her know how to connect a stik shifter to the wheel?
or know where i can find out or find a manual or diagram?

its on a 67 sting ray and the gears are internal in hub
mostly i need help attaching cable to the wheel

thanx

P1250198.jpg

P1250193.jpg

Sorry I don't have advice on the subject, but I wanted to say that rear tire on the bike looks fantastic, if I would have had that bike as a kid I think I would have grown up to be a cooler person, just saying.

There is either a rod with a chain with a special long nut that screws into the hub, or a rod that slides in and a bell crank that threads on to the axle. My guess from the picture is that yours is the first type. I can't see if you have those parts, because your wheel's on backwards. The cable has a threaded collar which screws on.Try the "wanted" section of the swap meet forum.

deorman said:
There is either a rod with a chain with a special long nut that screws into the hub, or a rod that slides in and a bell crank that threads on to the axle. My guess from the picture is that yours is the first type. I can't see if you have those parts, because your wheel's on backwards. The cable has a threaded collar which screws on.Try the "wanted" section of the swap meet forum.

hey thanks deorman, ur right since im not riding it i didnt even notice the whells on backwards , lol duh
yeah mine has the litte rod and chain iv tried screwing it into the hole of the hub, which is really deep, even the chain part goes in, so then i dont have anything to be able to turn and screw it in so i though maybe im missing parts?

Latest posts

Back