sting-ray and sting ray Jr.?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi, i need helpi redcently got some sting rays, my 1st and dont know really what the difference is between the regular, and Jr sting-rays.
my 1st issue i have is that an s7 rear rim doesnt fit, why? seems the rear drop outs width of Jrs are narrower by like 1/2 an inch.

so what kinda rims fits in there?

thanks

i dont think there is a difference like that between the two sounds like for whatever reason your frame got pushed together a bit. as for the main difference is right behind the seat post a jr is way shorter than a standard ray.

karfer67 said:
i dont think there is a difference like that between the two sounds like for whatever reason your frame got pushed together a bit. as for the main difference is right behind the seat post a jr is way shorter than a standard ray.

hey thanks karfer, so thers no difference normall as far as width then???? if thats right then its kool cuz i want to use a nicer looking frame to biuld my bike wich is a jr. the regular ray is much more beat up. so how could i open it up more w/o damaging?

the junior takes an s-7 (middleweight) wheel front and rear

the stingray takes an s-2 (balloon) rear and a s-7 (middleweight) front

basically the junior is the same as a 20" typhoon i believe.

on the junior
just pull with your hands until your wheel slides in the dropouts, the biggest hang up is a wide balloon fender wont fit without having to work on the fender so it doesnt rub the tire. and anything bigger than a 36t sprocket might be tight on clearance. shorty's are the best for wheelies though :mrgreen:

oh kool thanx CCR, ill try that, i see a coppertone as ur avatar, thats what im working on
have 2 frames ones a reg ray and the nicer frames a Jr. paints pretty bad anyadvice where i can find a similar spary paint color to try n retoouch??? :idea:

CCR said:
the junior takes an s-7 (middleweight) wheel front and rear

the stingray takes an s-2 (balloon) rear and a s-7 (middleweight) front

basically the junior is the same as a 20" typhoon i believe.

on the junior
just pull with your hands until your wheel slides in the dropouts, the biggest hang up is a wide balloon fender wont fit without having to work on the fender so it doesnt rub the tire. and anything bigger than a 36t sprocket might be tight on clearance. shorty's are the best for wheelies though :mrgreen:

i havent been able to find an exact match to coppertone, its a candy color, its actually more of a yellow candy sprayed over a silver base. for small touch ups theres a metal flake "testors" color that is close, but still doesnt look exactly the same out in the sunlight, but its a close match for a 10 footer. otherwise pete at hyper-formance sells the closest thing if your comfortable with auto paint. auto paint costs are too high for me to come up with a good match on my own :roll:

good tips man thanks,

im gonna hit u with another question,like i sed this is my 1st stingray, where can i find out how to install the stick shifter to the rim, or maybe im missing parts i dont know

CCR said:
i havent been able to find an exact match to coppertone, its a candy color, its actually more of a yellow candy sprayed over a silver base. for small touch ups theres a metal flake "testors" color that is close, but still doesnt look exactly the same out in the sunlight, but its a close match for a 10 footer. otherwise pete at hyper-formance sells the closest thing if your comfortable with auto paint. auto paint costs are too high for me to come up with a good match on my own :roll:

Latest posts

Back