sting ray bmx restore in process

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
ok so i was seriously mistaken to believe this was a scrambler
when i was ordering parts i found out just exactly what she is
1980 sting ray 2 frame
that explains some of the parts that came on it originally like the ashtabula forks which i sold and the s wheel from the 80's
so with that being said im an idiot an i apologize for mistaking this for a scrambler.
so moving on.... lol
i am gonna use all the parts on it as we speak just gonna paint her and recondition the parts
i took her on a track and she did well spite me wiping out on every corner
next time shes seen she will be in like new condition im hoping
i have some dia comp brakes for the back and am lo0king into some old school motocross tires that are in better shape

the front sprocket is gonna be the original mag sprocket im thinking for better performance.
other then those mods and rechroming the front fork shes gonna be the same as she is here.
im 39 And these old schoolers are what i raced as a kid lol
1119121253.jpg

heya pjbjr413
thanks yeah i didn't plan on much track time with her i just wanted to see what she had
for an old schooler she held her own against a 2010 ( i think ) redline that was pro track built
so she did ok except the cornering ad being a lil heavy on the jumps
so when i restore her shes not gonna see much track time too old to race now both rider and bike lol
thanks for posting and show me yours id like to see it these stings are nice as bmx
Sean

update
here is what i got as of now
mockup fenders and banana seat as well as pegs and a cool chain-guard off a next bedazzled
fenders are also from the bdazzled
painting soon
enjoy
Sean
0117131459_01_zpsae1d4af5.jpg

Back