Stingray Fever

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This past I week I've noticed myself doing whatever it takes to get my paws on a real Schwinn Stingray... every garage sale ad I see on Craigslist if it says, "bike" or "bicycle", then I email the person up and ask if it is a banana seat bike... I just want a Schwinn Stingray!!! So finally I think I found one... I ask, "Do you know what year the bikes are? Do they have banana seats?"

The reply: "I think they're from 1970 - 1975 ... I just looked at them in my garage and they do have banana seats!"

My thoughts... ORANGE KRATE - LEMON PEELER - APPLE KRATE - PEA PICKER - FASTBACK - GREY GHOST - COTTON PICKER

I want to get a Schwinn Stingray!!!!!!!!!!!! How far have you went to try and get one?

Would you be interested you in a frame and fork to build up?
Could it be a stingRay Scrambler, not sure what year it is, but it's a red and yellow one.
If you answered yes to all of the above, then I'll give them to ya with a slight catch.
We're trying to organize a ride in or around Greenville, Mi. in Sept. If you want the frame and forks all you have to do is show up and ride with us! 8)
Chainy

I was looking for a schwinn stingray too until I realized that the frame on my first childhood bike was actually a repainted 1970 Schwinn Stingray :)

Good thing my family never throws anything away (that's my dad's first bike behind mine):

2313546795_58cb155f5c_b.jpg

When I was in junior high in the 80's, I bought a Krate orange 5 speed Fastback Stingray, for, I think, $25. Might have been more, I can't remember. That was pretty sweet; alas, I didn't keep it.. ~Adam

JoeyMac said:
I was looking for a schwinn stingray too until I realized that the frame on my first childhood bike was actually a repainted 1970 Schwinn Stingray :)

Good thing my family never throws anything away (that's my dad's first bike behind mine):

2313546795_58cb155f5c_b.jpg
Yeah, that sissybar might also be a quite desirable high loop sissybar! The rest of it is Huffy parts.

Back