straight frames without a jig

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
there was a guy on here that just sandwiched the pieces between 2 2x6's, or/and plywood, with curouts for the weld areas. Simple. Im lost to what thread it was on, but use ur imagination.

There's a steel supply place in the industrial area of pretty much every town. Mine's called S&K Steel. 1"x.065" tubing is about a buck a foot, which is cheap around here. Bulk was a bit of a joke, but I'll buy 40 or 50 feet, which they're nice enough to chop into 10 foot sections for me, so I can get it home in my truck. I use about 40 feet for one of my frames.

thats a cool jig. i just looked at some prices for that aluminum channell profile stuff, wow, i think i'll be using the cheap steel channel. where do you guys get that cool looking aluminum stuff?

X-Ray check this link out its for the 80 20 Inc. in Indiana cool stuff we use it at work not overly exp. when you order stuff it comes with a comic book of things to build I'v seen frame jigs to tree houses each order had a different idea book.
http://www.8020.net/

Here's mine with some Japanese version rails punched steel tube from Menards . I got the rails from a factory revamp near us they were machine guards I also got some tall Japanese work benches for $25 each they are the green topped tables under the canoe in the background .
photodec30082746.jpg

Thanx for the replies and links fellas, I appreciate it, I will certainly check it out. Me building a jig is kinda putting the cart in front of the horse, but I'm tryin to get lots of ideas for when I'm ready.

Latest posts

Back