Strange Dark

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jeebers man, sorry to hear about your tools... I've really enjoyed seeing your builds. If you're anything like me you'll just keep building anyway with whatever you can find lying around.
Adjustable spanner? check!
Screwdriver? check!

Jeebers man, sorry to hear about your tools... I've really enjoyed seeing your builds. If you're anything like me you'll just keep building anyway with whatever you can find lying around.
Adjustable spanner? check!
Screwdriver? check!

Arty Dave, it really was a very hard blow. :(
I believe that next week I will be able to buy some tools and continue on some project

even with some difficulties ... front wheel and tire honda super cub. some adjustments will be necessary but there will be few. the wheel is a little bigger and the tires wider. but as I have the triangle loose it will help me adjust everything

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx...jpg

Good afternoon my friends. I finally managed to get all the money from the fund for my tools. I managed to buy all the tools I had before.
I just need to find a second-hand compressor in good condition.

thumbnail_IMG_1923.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2067.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2118.jpg

sand blasting
thumbnail_IMG_1923.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2067.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2118.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2184.jpg

hands-on, adjusting the rear fenders, originally rim 26

it was cut 10 cm from the length, adjusted to curvature and slightly bent at the tip.
thumbnail_IMG_2151.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2155.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2150.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2172.jpg

frame adjustment to accommodate the new larger and wider tire.

the frame was enlarged by 3 cm.
View attachment 145114

the fender supports had to rise 2.5cm
View attachment 145119
Did you slide a heavy tube over the chainstays to bend each one, or something else? The tack welds don't look like they can hold a spreader tool. Are the frame tubing walls on the thick side, or not so? And what did you do to make the bend by the fender lip?

The moped rim and tire look:cool2:

Last edited:
Did you slide a heavy tube over the chainstays to bend each one, or something else? The tack welds don't look like they can hold a spreader tool. Are the frame tubing walls on the thick side, or not so? And what did you do to make the bend by the fender lip?

when I found this frame he had the triangle bars loose at these points, it helped me a lot in the adjustments

thumbnail_IMG_1999 (1).jpg

Last edited:

the lip of the fender was a little curved originally, I only slightly increased the fold with the pliers.

That fork looks very much like one off an early Honda mini trail. Nice work. Glad to hear you’re back at it.

Cool build Leo! Putting in the work. Really like your fabrications. Nice chop, and good to see you purchased some quality tools:thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back