Sun Cruz Bobber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Minor upgrade, but I got an LED Bullet Light on the bike.

bike_with_headlight.jpg

That is all.

Getting the fork from bicycle designer?

Gonna really change the look!

We actually ordered the Ruff Cycles fork from Huntington Beach Bicycle Company, they're a great dealer of really cool parts.
I did receive the fork yesterday, and we were about to put it on and get this sucker all finished, but we found out it doesn't take a standard 1 1/8 Threadless headset, it takes a 44mm with a 1 1/8 interior diameter. We didn't have the part on hand, so we ordered a headset and it should be here by Monday or Tuesday. I was a little disappointed I wouldn't have it done at first, but I'm a patient man and I'm super excited to get it built and show photos.

I like the green and black, good choices IMHO so far man. My pal got the grey one with green trim, a lil more refined look...I like yours better. :D

Okay guys, here it is:
bike_v2_final.jpg

The headset came in super early this morning, so we went ahead and put it on today. We got this sucker LOW, and by that I mean the fork was cut to the point that the tank support bar in the middle is like a hair off level and you can barely fit your pinky finger in between the wheel and the support on the fork. This sucker looks so much better now, it went from simple with flair to bad ... in just one upgrade. I'm really really proud of this build, in that we took something so basic and rebuilt it into something completely else that looks so much cooler.

For what it's worth now, my bike is completed for this moment. I have one more semester payment looming over the horizon and I need to keep some money in the bank to get rid of that headache, so I can't do anything else to build up on it for the moment.

Regardless, I do have a few upgrades I wanna put on at some point in the future, maybe over summer vacation:
  • Three Speed Wheels-Black spokes, green hoops
  • Suicide Shifter
  • Green Pedals
  • Ruff Cycles Skull 44t Chainwheel
  • Ruff Cycles 140mm Crankset
Maybe a few others, but I'm not sure from there on out.

See you guys out there! Hope you enjoyed the progress I made!

You've reached that point where you think.....hmmm, I guess I should have just bought a frame....ha ha. :21:

Turned out nice! ;)
:bigsmile: I thought about that a few times through this, but in the long run it was cheaper and turned out to be a slick looking beauty. Frankly building from a stock bike was neat because I was able to see where all the parts were and I felt great accomplishment turning a rather plain stock into something incredibly nice. I figure my next bike is going to be pure custom build, I'll probably be counting on that.:cool2:

Thank you all for the compliments! It certainly means a lot considering it's a newer bike and this was my first time building up a bike. I always wanted to do this as a kid but never had the money and resources to do so, so I guess I'm fulfilling a childhood dream I had that never came to fruition.

:bigsmile: I thought about that a few times through this, but in the long run it was cheaper and turned out to be a slick looking beauty. Frankly building from a stock bike was neat because I was able to see where all the parts were and I felt great accomplishment turning a rather plain stock into something incredibly nice. I figure my next bike is going to be pure custom build, I'll probably be counting on that.:cool2:

Thank you all for the compliments! It certainly means a lot considering it's a newer bike and this was my first time building up a bike. I always wanted to do this as a kid but never had the money and resources to do so, so I guess I'm fulfilling a childhood dream I had that never came to fruition.
Great stuff!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back