SUN SPIDER AT CRUISER

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
A few shots of my Sun Spider AT cruiser acquired this past weekend.

May need to try a little larger chainring up front. Current set up is 20T rear and 25T front.

Might be nice to have a Nexus 7 speed coaster laced in to the rear too. :mrgreen:

31ml.jpg

s2vo.jpg

zrnj.jpg

i0ou.jpg

r1pa.jpg

z71m.jpg

mf3t.jpg

ia44.jpg

rmn0.jpg

vdmt.jpg

They are definitely louder than the Sunlite Crushers...probably more like the Beast tires.

I think they may be heavier than the Sunlite's as well. I haven't removed them from the rims yet, but I have a feeling they are fairly heavy.

The Crushers almost felt as light as a normal 2.125 tire.

Looks sweet as is but I can't help but wonder what it would look like if uncle s polished those rims up for you :mrgreen:

My om flyer had really close gearing with the stir ye kickback on it too but not that close, I've got the freewheel version myself, if you keep back pedaling it will keep flipping between the gears. Nice and loud click though so there's no doubt you made the change, is the coaster hub the same way ?

The high gear makes the clicking sound.

Personally I think this thing needs 7 speeds or something.

I ride it and all I can think about is how slow I'm going...ha ha.

It's really kind of goofy to own one without a beach around.

I had those tires on a Fat Sand (TommiSea) Terrain Crusher, a couple of years back. Definitely nicer (and lighter) than the stock tires on the Beast. I really liked them on hard surfaces, and they were decent on snow-packed roads. I never got a chance to ride dirt on them, but I suspect that the lack of side-knobs on the tread would limit their usefulness in anything loose.

Just ordered a 28T front chainring to see if that will help me gain some speed.

The nice thing about the Spider is that the frame is longer than the Beast, thus giving you more room in the cockpit area.

Yeah, it's perfect if you're on the beach and have nothing but time and aren't concerned about getting anywhere fast.

Riding around in the neighborhood on it feels basically like.....exercise. :lol:

Back