Sunday April 21st Simsbury, CT Bike Trail Ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All quotes carried over from the Monson, Mass thread:

Stevil said:
The Plan B restaurant is a good spot to start and finish. There's parking in the area.
Somebody start a page and bump continuously :lol: The Copake weekend,come on down.
Pray for good weather.............Stevil

Meet-up Place: The Plan B restaurant, Simsbury, CT
Meet-up Time: 10AM

This looks like it’ll be a cool ride guys and yes Stevil, let’s pray for good weather – winter just doesn’t seem to want to let go this year! :?

LET’S RIDE!!!

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Stevil said:
Yes,Kota, the Plan B in Simsbury and I believe Nick spoke of a bike shop also in Simsbury.
Hey Nick,thanks for the decals ,nice........Stevil

Glad you like them Steve 8)

Here's a link to the trail...
http://www.fvgreenway.org/pages/our-trails.asp#FCHT

And the shop...
http://www.bicyclecellar.com/index.html

KOTA said:
I've done some of that trail from Southwick, MA going to CT....GREAT trail...Would that be "The Plan B" in Simsbury?

Oh! We just did a Southampton- Northampton ride today. Windy, cool, and overcast. Still a nice ride, we only did about 15 miles. This must be the latest "fad". Hanging bags filled with dog crap over the rail trail bridge that goes over Rte. 10 in Northampton...I didn't think about it until afterwards, bags will biodegrade very quickly, dropping "stuff" onto the cars.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

http://www.planbburger.com/flash.html
Plan B Burger Bar
4 Railroad Street
Simsbury, CT 06070
(860) 658-4477

The Sunday after Copake, the ride should be good. You're in the spirit to ride, maybe you got a fresh find to try out
or just what to show off. My buddy Gary will have his Schwinn Spoiler out ,all washed and shiny.We have gone north
to the Westfield,MA border, stopped at the Skybox for a brew and returned ,32 miles round trip. That was 2 years
ago 8) Many scenic points along the way,all flat as I recall. I'm sure it's even better now..........Stevil

I think I can make this.

if we ride to Westfield, maybe we should check out the Columbia factory. Or what remains of it. If it's not too far.

How about if we ride north to the Skybox and to the Columbia factory!

and then to the Skybox again!

oh wait, if Nick goes, then we will NOT be going to the Skybox. Can't leave the person who started this ride out.

Good point – by reconsidering our options we can be inclusive – Nick is unquestionably in.

What other “family friendly” places can we go to have lunch that are within a reasonable distance of the trail?

between Joe and Steve's knowledge of the area, we'll have plenty of places to stop that day I'm sure.

Looks like theirs a lot of parking in the back.

If you guys end up in Westfield to check out the old Columbia factory then you could check out the Westwood Resturant for lunch.
There is adult beverages available but by no means is it only a bar. Good food to be had. Not to far from Columbia.

You guys know Westfield is 20 miles EACH way! :shock: I'm not up for that and I'm sure my Dad isn't. :lol: If you all want to go, be my guest and I'll just turn around. The last time I rode the Simsbury trail I rode 20 miles ALL TOGETHER and was tuckered out :mrgreen:

If no parking is available at The Plan B, there is a large park with a parking lot on Iron Horse Boulevard that is less than 2 minutes away for parking. I would reccommend this lot because I'm not sure if The Plan B allows parking for the bike trail. Let me know what you guys think?

I never rode the trail North, but going south is a great ride :wink:

Danimal said:
Lets see what happens. We could always just ride to Joe's house and buy from his "going out of business" sale. Lol.

I like this idea :mrgreen:

The best rides tend to be those that are relatively short at less than 16.36493-miles total with stops to hang-out and with some spontaneity (Miss Florence Dinner) thrown in. Although we can focus on a destination, we shouldn’t lose focus on the ride itself.

Personally, I just dig riding with you guys!

Let's see.. I'm 60...40 mile ride....60 minus 40 = 20....Now 20 + 60 = 80....That's how old I'm gonna feel at the end. Good thing I have a rear rack for the defibrillator. At mile 39 you might hear: "Help!..I've fallen and can't get up."

First of all, the Skybox serves lunch ,just won't serve Nick his favorite brew. They may have a band for dancing. :lol:
We can go as far as the group wants to go,but let's put some time and effort into it. If you yell for help
we'll hook up a rope and pull you back.If you want to see something know where it is and how to get there. :arrow: there.
I went 32 miles,crammed up but had a story to tell. I suggest a start between 10 and 12 noon....Stevil

Agreed, a 10AM meet-up time would work; the head of the thread has been edited.

NERRB

I'm with Nick. I think we should shorten the ride. Westfield is too far for all concerned.

10-12 start time is great.

How about a 10-mile max – this’ll allow us to ride for some time at a leisurely pace while allowing enough distance for exploration. At the recent Northhampton Ride we rode for about 8-miles and had a great time!

and last summer we rode from NoHo to EaHo, which was 12 miles round trip.

Latest posts

Back