Super-Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey All !! First time entry here!

This one won't be some crazy custom bike, but more so a restoration on an ultra rare 1969 Marshall Wells Anniversary Special Super Bike (CCM Made).

Picked this bike up several months ago, but only getting around to it now. So far, I have only stripped it to the frame (this morning).

Here are a few pics to get started....As purchased....current state....and my inspirational pics.

Much like Jay.....I had plans to enter a previous bike, but got in a hurry to build it 😆. Here are a before and after of that one for your viewing pleasure (at end)....
20210619_102939.jpg
20211106_094816.jpg
20211106_094759.jpg
FB_IMG_1621640240239.jpg
FB_IMG_1621640297029.jpg
20210613_100344.jpg
20210822_072228.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I'm getting excited by the amount of Canadian bikes in this year's MBBO! I don't see many of these bikes down in the States, so it's cool that I'll get to learn more about these bikes from you guys! Looks like you've got a sweet project to build! Can't wait to see it all fixed up and riding again! (Also, love the Swing Bike in the background!)

Cool starting point, gotta love the rare CCM stuff. It looks like a Charger frame all dressed up. That double crown fork is something else! They did one as a GTR model for Canadian Tire. View attachment 177048
And then there's the duomatic Charger
View attachment 177050
Hey Matti....definitely similar to the Charger frame just a little shorter. More like a Mustang frame, with Marauder forks.

Love the Chargers and GTR's.... been looking for a Duomatic to compliment my 3 speed😎
20211107_062817.jpg

Last edited:
Man, I'm getting excited by the amount of Canadian bikes in this year's MBBO! I don't see many of these bikes down in the States, so it's cool that I'll get to learn more about these bikes from you guys! Looks like you've got a sweet project to build! Can't wait to see it all fixed up and riding again! (Also, love the Swing Bike in the background!)
Thanks man! Looking forward to restoring this gem.....I'm kinda partial to the Canadian muscle, as thats what we grew up with....but love them all.🤟😎🤟
20211024_121751.jpg

Last edited:
Holy moly that's a lot of Canada right there! I've got a CCM lined up for the summer Build Off, not anything special, just a step through from the sixties, the family history is worth more than the bike. There seem to be more Canadian bikes in this one than I've seen before

@Cheesy welcome to the best custom rat vintage bike site on the internet! You will have a blast building alongside these fellow muscle bike fanatics!

One hint on posting photos, after you upload them to your thread, click on the word 'Insert' and then select Full Image and we will be able to appreciate them in full size.

Def will be following this one!

RaT oN~!

Holy moly that's a lot of Canada right there! I've got a CCM lined up for the summer Build Off, not anything special, just a step through from the sixties, the family history is worth more than the bike. There seem to be more Canadian bikes in this one than I've seen before
Awesome!!!....And yes, knowing/hearing the history on individual bikes is certainly half the fun. I've restored a few bikes for some locals, and my decision to do so was all based on the story/history that went along with the bike 😎

@Cheesy welcome to the best custom rat vintage bike site on the internet! You will have a blast building alongside these fellow muscle bike fanatics!

One hint on posting photos, after you upload them to your thread, click on the word 'Insert' and then select Full Image and we will be able to appreciate them in full size.

RaT oN~!
Thanks for the welcome....and the helpful advice with uploading pics 😎
Glad to be have finally joined in on the build off's..... been following them for a while now, and thouggt it was about time I participated. Some really sweet builds here!

RaT oN~!
Fixed pics (I think, lol)...Thanks!

Just got word yesterday, that my paint is done....Excited to pick it up!!

Managed to get the seat pans sand blasted, painted, and recovered today.

Also got my rubber mounted on rims today as well. Decided to go with a NOS Lion Slick....Love this tire!🤟😎🤟
20211204_201045.jpg
20211204_201116.jpg
20211204_201128.jpg
20211204_202203.jpg
20211204_204332.jpg
20211204_204351.jpg
20211204_204339.jpg

Looks more Industrial than Flamboyant. Even so, it looks durable.
Ya.... the painter really messed it up good.... not impressed. I even gave him another frame that was actually Flamboyant Red.....pointed at the perfect paint on fork stem, as said ..." this is exactly what I want".

I debated about bringing it elsewhere and having it repainted, then just said "Fu@# It"

Latest posts

Back