Super Fueler

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I look at the lettering on the tires it reminds me of the David Bell comics. His tires always had cool names or something on the side like “smokem over”.

Super flashy paint job. It looks right in place.

How springy is the fork? It looks a little treacherous to ride!

When I look at the lettering on the tires it reminds me of the David Bell comics. His tires always had cool names or something on the side like “smokem over”.

Super flashy paint job. It looks right in place.

How springy is the fork? It looks a little treacherous to ride!
Drag forks are good for show, but are a circus to ride. They take practice.

I only built and rode one bike that had negative trail, and it was OK as long as you didn’t have to pedal, but then it would wobble. Much different than riding a motorcycle with a negative trail, but I never tried anything as radical looking as what you have here.

I'm speechless, dude. This thing is absolutely incredible! The forks, wow they really make the bike. Every single thing on this bike is top notch. Your builds are truly amazing. Nice work CRASH!

Today is working against me for these brakes. This is, by far, the most complicated braking system I’ve ever devised, built, and set up. I’ve had to re-measure and replace 2 or the 3 housings I made during the mock. I’ve had to rearrange the spacing set up for the caliper 3 times and true the disc yet again to get it to quietly spin. Then, the knarp I had to modify to avoid the shift lever broke though the cable hole because I ground it too close originally. So I had to dig out the other knarp I luckily had left over. I went to start modifying it… and my 1952 Dunlap grinder finally gave up the ghost. It refuses to spin.

Off to Harbor Freight I go. :/

Skipped harbor freight due to the impending Niners game.

This is what happened to the first knarp.

01B7B864-BCB4-42D8-8616-3FC4E90EAA0A.jpeg

So without my grinder I used a dremel.

367018E2-329D-42EA-8210-34CC57AAB208.jpeg

This is the result

1499EE8F-B62B-408E-8CF6-7A4F3364494F.jpeg

And the final final result.

68BC1115-16E8-443E-8D31-372C4DD530B6.jpeg

So that’s it! Pedals installed. Seat adjusted. DONE!! I just need some sunshine for final pictures!

Amazing work as usual!

Sometimes it is just one or two things that really pull everything else together. I can't explain why, but the rear wheel/tire just pushes it (no pun intended) over the top for me! I probably wouldn't have thought to use that burgundy color but it is perfect! Job well done sir!

221138-EA44D649-1AEF-46FE-B18B-4E1D143CA6A2.jpeg

…I probably wouldn't have thought to use that burgundy color but it is perfect! Job well done sir!
I don’t know why, but that’s just how I envisioned the wheel about a year ago when decided that I couldn’t make the wheel covers work.

Latest posts

Back