Supercharged Gasser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you strip the finish off that wheel? I sandblasted for 2 hours straight on just one wheel. Paint stripper was worthless.

I roughed it up with one of those 3M wheels you chuck in a drill (kinda like a heavy duty scotch brite pad.)
Wiped with lacquer thinner primed and painted with Rustoleum silver rattle cans. Came out pretty good.:)

Interesting but alot of work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks!
iu

I like your comment so much I added it to my signature!

Update 5-27 Added seat and seatpost.
2015-05-27%20002_zpspw8x1h4f.jpg

Used part of a bent up handlebar to make a "lucky 7" post.

2015-05-27%20003_zpsljgpokvy.jpg

2015-05-27%20001_zpswifmgreb.jpg

Sits very comfortable for me. Update looking at the pics I realize I mounted the seat bracket upside down! I'll flip it and get the seat lower.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Thanks! Yes, I love the red seat, I will keep it for something else if I cant use it on this build. I have a couple other seats to try yet.:thumbsup:

Got a chain on it and coaster brake band and took for a 1 mile test hop. Actually pretty comfortable when I added grips and set the ape hangers more forward (higher). :)
Thanks G-ratter the wheel really works great!:thumbsup:
Still gotta get seat figured out.

Update 5-30
Tried a new old "Bananna" seat today, may go lower but feels very weird as far as fit to pedals, ect.
2015-05-30%2002_zpsqrgizgsw.jpg

What do you think?
I like the sissy bar and how it kind of mimics the fork....just a thought here, you have a ton of open space in the front of the bike. With your welding skills, what would you think of a shroud of some kind that would wrap back from just in front of the down tube back to the seat tube? Might give it more of that "body" look that a gasser has rather than a chopper look, which, you've done well to conceal so far. Just a thought.

Thanks OddJob. I was thinking of maybe taking an old car fender and trying to make something like the rear lip of a front fender and exposed header....
iu

Thanks OddJob. I was thinking of maybe taking an old car fender and trying to make something like the rear lip of a front fender and exposed header....
iu
Yes! Or, if you could find a front end cheap, cut both the fender / frt quarters down the middle and book match them and then mount a single headlight where the two join....?!? Might have to be a small car to fit the dimensions of your bike ....

Latest posts

Back