Surly rolling sound violation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My kid works at the LBS and he rolled in with his buddy from work riding this huge Surly with one of the loudest sound systems that I have ever heard. The local law enforcement will be scratching their heads with this one. Cheers.

DSC04215.jpg

DSC04213.jpg

DSC04214.jpg

That bikes gonna need a stronger Kick stand....Looks a little top heavy with a 40lbs battery on the rack..
Look on the bright side if the battery goes dead he can always push start the bike... :lol:
I don't understand it either :wink:

That is one Sweet bike ..once the tunes are gone...Ever hear of a IPOD.. :lol:

Sir, I do believe that bike belongs at Burning Man. :wink:

icyuod2 said:
ya know what they say, "if its too loud, your too old!"

Trust me, I like it PLENTY loud.

But I also do not believe in pushing MY musical tastes upon the world without regard for anybody else.
Which is exactly what an amp and a pair of 15 inchers/horns pointed outwards on a bicycle is doing.

I also just noted, the ipod shuffle clipped to the shifter cable. I find that really funny... spend xxxx dolars on gear and a surly with xtracycle, but only spring for the 49 dollar mp3 player. Funny!

It is quite a contrast in technology here...meaning the iPod compared to the speaker set up out back.

It takes something the size of a quarter to store and play the music, but it takes all that in the back to make it loud.

Maybe one day the back end will catch up to the front end. :lol:

how do you build one of those i really want one of those for my motorized tricycle does anbody know how those are built :?:

Latest posts

Back