Suspension Sissy Bar Shocks - Questions?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was interested in a set of these for a project...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280292220082

ee39_1.JPG

First, do those seem like quality shocks that could support a 200+lb man?

Second, is there a special adapter for connecting it to the seat post?
Seems to me that if the rear end gives way the front end should be flexible.

Also, would I be able to attach this to the fender eyelets if the bike has no place for a sissy bar originally?

Thanks in advance for the sage advice I know I will receive.

dont know about those specific ones, the finish doesnt look like the schwinn repops / originals. im 250# and am comfortable on my repops (though i do "bottom out" on big bumps :oops: ) as far as the front seat adapter, dont know of one, i did put some nylon washers were the seatpost clamp mounted to the seat pan but my grey ghost repop didnt have this done and "wiggled" fine without em BUT.... the seat that was on the grey ghost later failed on my brothers motorized stingray (but ... hes hittin bumps at 30mph+ too ). mine attached to the fender eyelets too.

as too whether it would support you depends on how stiff the spring is and how strong the pins are keeping the spring in place. from the listing, seems like a home-made version.

the kits from hyper-formance.com are the same as what i have always had, but theyre $80 instead and dont come with a sissy bar last time i checked.

ive always thought about making my own one of these using a suspension fork off a MTB fork. by cutting off the upside down U on the fork and grind that clean. then cut the middle part off from the individual fork tubes. then i guess weld something onto the top of the fork tubes and make a sisy bar. at 245lbs, i need something strong to hold my bootang.

Easy E

Back