SWINGER Special- Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: SWINGER Special- update 5-24

I finally got around to painting the frame. I have been busy with everything but bikes. Camping has me gone every weekend.

Uncle Stretch painted the Shade Tree Mechanic frame with the red Sparkle paint and I really liked it. This paint goes one okay with lots of light coats. The red rims and frame should look pretty cool when done. A monotone build with some shine.

f73cb202.jpg

Re: SWINGER Special- update 6-24 Frame Painted.

cant wait to see the wheels and tires mounted on that baby! 8) looking really sweet!

Cool! I'm gonna use that for my build...If I can get to it! Like you, I've been killer busy with "honey-do's" as well!! Lookin' good!

Looking very good.....sweet color and love those frames!

Thanks guys. Been busy and out of town every weekend since mid-May. I just need to finish assembly which should not be too hard. Definately the shiniest bike I have built. No rust to be seen.

f579b2c0.jpg

DONE!!! for the most part. This turned out just to be another bike build for me. No earthshattering modification or accessories. But I am pleased and it rides nice. I just need to do some touch ups, adjustments and then shoot some pics.

Here is the headbadge that is made from lead. I gave it a hammered look then clear coated. I used the "Gorilla" Brand super glue and it hold tight.

33344601.jpg

Thanks. I rode this to work today just to test out. Great ride and no problems(always carry a adjustable wrench on the shakedown cruise)

I added some valve stem caps mad from .270 shells. Finished pic this weekend sometime.

724f226b.jpg

Latest posts

Back