SwingMX from down under

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I started this in builds, but what the heck. I'm in the build off!

viewtopic.php?f=21&t=20310&p=209617#p209617

Up to making the rear swinger. I tacked the bottoms onto the forks I'm using. They were only spot welded on badly previous to this. I then clearanced the rear brackets and tacked the forks on after eyeballing them. I couldn't resist mocking it all up. I was worried that things are not lined up straight, but it seem to look ok.

rearmockup01.jpg

rearmockup03.jpg

rearmockup04.jpg

rearmockup02.jpg

frontmockup01.jpg

more soon hopefully. :)

Ok, I hope anybody riding this bike is very cordinated because I can see some major injuries from such a setup!! I LIKE IT! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :!:

well it's only been 3 months, but Iback into again it seems.

re proportions and safety, I'll be adding a centering spring like the original swingbikes so it should pull straight if you don't pedal.

shame shame, only started work on the bike again this afternoon. It's been a whole year... :?
Since I last touched it, got a new house, new job, moved (= smaller workshop) and I finally have the motivation and time to start work on it again. Sorry all. Pics to come soon...

amazingly, I didn't throw this project out. although I have to say I was tempted... also, I packaged up the bearings and such and brought everything to the new house in a box and a few things wired together like wheels. So today, I pulled it off my hook board and started. The steel plate was also left over from another project. So I got out my new drop saw off ebay (how awesome is a dropsaw! and $70 too) and set it up. First up I put a hole saw through the plate to shape it the same radius as the crank housing and then cut it in half. Then, I put the two plate together holesawed the same little design into them that is in the frame... only bigger of course...

holesaw01.jpg

My little bench drill really struggled with the 55mm holesaw but I got there in the end.

lhsidebrace.jpg

Then for a testfit...

rearcarrier01.jpg

One side will be welded to the inside of the forks to clear the chain. The other side will go on the outside most likely. Still some trimming and filing to do, but it's almost ready to weld together and once that is done I can put it altogether and take it for a test ride! :D

Latest posts

Back