taking apart a SPRINGER FORK

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how much pressure is on the spring of the springer fork?

i was going to take mine apart last night to clean and buff the spring and the bolt, but i was afraid it would fling wide open...

sooo i figured id take the safe route and ask before i hurt myself hehehe

i guess next question would be... once i do take it apart... how hard would it be to put it back together?

will i need any special tools or anything?

silly questions of a noob... sorry...

thanks in advance!

like a knee action schwinn springer ??? the spring runs out of travel before the bolt comes out of the bracket so youd be fine. other styles are different but most are easy to work on, the only one ive messed with that had any real tension still built up when you take it apart is the rat trap j c higgins springers like you find on the spaceliners, but its still nothing that would send you to the ER over.

CCR said:
like a knee action schwinn springer ??? the spring runs out of travel before the bolt comes out of the bracket so youd be fine. other styles are different but most are easy to work on, the only one ive messed with that had any real tension still built up when you take it apart is the rat trap j c higgins springers like you find on the spaceliners, but its still nothing that would send you to the ER over.

cool thanks!

Latest posts

Back