Testimony Truck Repair

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I had issues with my peekemup yesterday, I went to back up and it didn't want to move, after moving back and forth it came loose,drove up and down the street and noticed smoke coming from the rear drum (thats not usually good) jacked it ,pulled it apart and the wheel cylinder was holding the brake shoe at a cockeyed position and the rubber was all torn off. Now my wife will tell you I have procrastinated maybe once or twice :lol: but I figured while I am here I will fix the leaky axle seal on the other side, so 8 miles to the closest auto parts store and I bought a seal ,synthetic gear oil, wheel cylinder, blue gasket maker,and I already had brake fluid and brake clean. First I changed the wheel cylinder, and that went ok, then I attacked the rearend its a 89 c1500 light duty nonposi ,never done this before but I knew there is clips holding the axle in there somewhere,call up a buddy of mine he gives me the breakdown of what I have to do. So I pull the cover off and drain the old oil,locate the bolt I have to take out to release the pin,pull it out and the pin still won't move,I figured it needed to be tapped out (real fun laying on the ground trying to do this) and nothing was moving, this is where the praying starts...I asked the Lord to show me what I am doing wrong, then I look at the bolt and its broke off clean at an angle with the rest of it still in the carrier housing....more prayer.....I was able to get it out with a small screwdriver unthreading it catching the small edge :shock: :shock: and I called NAPA and the had one in stock :shock: :shock: :wink: so the pin dropped got out the axle ,used my crowbar seal remover but I didn't have a tool to tap the seal in so I let the Lord do his work, I looked in my garage found a big washer ,threaded bar stock with three nuts took it out to the truck ,the washer fit the seal...perfect!!! everything else went great , my wife said , I never seen you in such a great mood working on cars , Its a God thing!!!,

glad you was able to get your pick-up fixed. :mrgreen:

Romans 8:25
But if we hope for that we see not,
then do we with patience wait for it.

on the eighth day ; GOD made Chevrolet. :)

Latest posts

Back