Texas Ranger & Rangerette - Collectable?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$150 for the pair seems a heck of a deal.

then all ya need is a "this bike is protected by chuck norris" sticker. 8)

Protected by chuck norris......That would be hilarious. I'm wondering if that is $150 EACH or for both. If that is for both then I'd jump all over that.

I'd be willing to bet, if he wanted $150 EACH. He would have made that perfectly clear in the ad.
But I'm just hazzarding a guess.

icyuod2 said:
I'd be willing to bet, if he wanted $150 EACH. He would have made that perfectly clear in the ad.
But I'm just hazzarding a guess.
Well it is C-list, you never can tell about people on there.

I would request a meet up to look at them, and try for $100+ for both of them, but I'd also take the chance and shell out the entire $150 if I had to. Be sure to tell the owner how much it costs to "restore" bikes in this condition. I think the pair makes them more desirable, but whut do I know? :D

Alternatively, send an email offering $100 for the pair if they don't happen to sell. Worked for me recently, the owner got back to me about a month later, and took my 50% offer. You never know.... My Humble Opinion right now is people are not turning loose of cash. CL is heading more towards garage sale prices. Not a good time to sell. I may be wrong.

They're somewhat generic 60s AMF-built bikes, and w/the painted rims, kind of a lower end model. But the men's is cool, I think $100 for both is a decent deal. I wouldn't put any major $ in them, just too many still around, though the actual TX Ranger badge is semi rare. Just my 2 cents. -Adam

I figured the mens bike was collectible if only because it is a US made bike with a tank.
The Rangerette has a unique chain guard but little else to arouse interest.

Ok time to dig up an old thread.
I have a pair of these bikes. Boys bike is 24" wheel amd rides great after i rebuilt the hubs! Girls is a 26" wheel and i am putting tires on it and making it rideable as well. I will part with the pair as a pair only if any one is interested please send me a message! Make me an offer. I have an idea of what there worth but its hard to know with little info on them. I belive the boys ranger is pre 65 and i know the full history one owner and sold here in Longmont Colorado. and i have not narrowed down the rangerette quite yet but i think late 60s early 70s

Attachments

• 20210509_172951.jpg
    20210509_172951.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 212
I belive the boys ranger is pre 65 and i know the full history one owner and sold here in Longmont Colorado. and i have not narrowed down the rangerette quite yet but i think late 60s early 70s
I just restored a 1960's 26" men's Ranger about a year and a half ago. It sold locally here in Longmont for $100.

I had to see what I said 10 years ago, sometimes it shows I still had much to learn! But in this case, I have to agree with myself! 24" versions of the same bike are going to be less in demand than a 26" version. ~Adam

I got directed to here because I’m tinkering with one now….

Latest posts

Back