The 12 Year Project- Bare Bones, Bare Metal & Barely In the Finished Thread!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Just saw the collage of finished bikes posted of Facebook. The Shelby looks great in the top right hand corner, lol.

WOW MAN!!!
I hadn't seen your build since mid June and just caught up with the whirlwind of work you did in the past couple of weeks!
What a wicked bare metal and classy build!!
Bravo!

WOW MAN!!!
I hadn't seen your build since mid June and just caught up with the whirlwind of work you did in the past couple of weeks!
What a wicked bare metal and classy build!!
Bravo!
Much appreciated, man! I think I said the same thing back in BO07, but it's always nice to hear from those who's builds I appreciate the most! All the Monarks this year are killer! That's some tough competition!

Much appreciated, man! I think I said the same thing back in BO07, but it's always nice to hear from those who's builds I appreciate the most! All the Monarks this year are killer! That's some tough competition!
You might want to consider applying boiled linseed oil to the raw metal. It works really well to prevent rust.
I love the way this bike turned out, got one of my votes!
Thats what I hear. So far I've tried wd40 and pneumatic oil they last less than a week where I live. Need to pick some up and give it a scotch bride bath.

In other news, you're killing it, TRM! Congratulations, the bike is more than deserving. I think you're the only one that's going to beat the Monark brigade! I picked nine bikes that I had no problem finishing behind, so if I make it in the top 10 that will beyond a win for me and my first run!

I just had to say this build is one of my faves, truly inspirational. Makes me want to strip to bare metal one of my frames in my stash! :)
Thanks man. It was a fun one. I've started this one before, but never got past stripping the parts. But now the parts look better since they all sat around rusting together. You should build one!

Latest posts

Back