The Big Red One

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I found many eggs during the Easter egg hunt but what was more fun was what found me. One of my previous bike parts customer had a seriously whopped Felt Baron 2 he wanted to sell. I just happened to have the cash in my pocket and was 23 miles from my house when he sent the text. He was at his brother's house which was 40 miles from where he lives. We were just 15 miles away. Finally some luck. "Switch-a-roo" isn't doing so hot in the 2015 build-off which makes me even more willing not to wait on building a Felt CruiseLite based Klunker and another Felt based cruiser (some people paint while others play guitar.)

e91a9df1651cb9cda7961d9a43184a90.jpg

This puppy will be treated to a new set of Firebikes forks, chrome Redline 3 piece cranks, Sportsman's handlebars (or something like them,) leather seat, wrapped grips, quick release seat clamp, front and rear drum brakes, Innova 24x3" tires that I ordered over a month ago and they still haven't arrived, and I will likely do some sort of suicide shifter for the 5 speed. For giggles I want to run an O'symmetric chainring. The bike will end up looking like and old school Indian. I have had the decals for that over a year.

f9de40b92b1e492ade7b388b75907954.jpg

My hope is to polish the chain wheel to a chrome-like finish. I am also on the lookout for a carbide lantern. The Felt rims and tires won't be sold off like I usually do. I will rebuild these puppies. The hoops and frame will be stripped along with the stem and they will have a blast of red powder coating. Luckily, I have all the parts but the rear hub and the lantern. Then again, I just might go 8 speed and dual discs. Hmmm.

- by Gigmata

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back