The black cloud has returned

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCR

Mouth-Breather
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
seems i have about the worst luck ever ... yesterday, wind storms put a tree through my new roof (new 4 months ago), found out my back pain is really kidney stones and my wifes transmission took a dump yesterday (for the 3rd time in 30,000 miles). cell phone towers are down, insurance agents didnt even open the doors today, and the tree trimmers are busy elsewhere .... now its starting to rain and the hole in the roof is letting my new ceiling turn to soup.

:x

... sorry, done felling sorry for myself now.

Got a buddy of mine moving to Georgia next week to work for Lockheed... he is in the process of packing right now and when the storm rolled thru yesterday a large tree fell on the roof of his new Dodge. so now he has to try to deal with getting that settled before he's outta here.

You might wanna tarp your roof, some insurance companies will dispute the ceiling damage because they feel its the homeowners responsibility to take action after a storm to prevent further damage. Hopefully your insurance company just pays up.

Ratfink1962 said:
..You might wanna tarp your roof, some insurance companies will dispute the ceiling damage because they feel its the homeowners responsibility to take action after a storm to prevent further damage. Hopefully your insurance company just pays up.

yup, just waiting 1 of the 2 40' trees to get cut off the house... then it will get tarped until the roofers can get here. I write estimates for insurance companies so Ive dealt with a few of these. but yeah, if you dont take action, theyll dispute the "extent" of the damages. :roll: fun

Hey man... I dont mean to belittle your situation... And it sounds like you got a pile all at once for sure... But you gotta count your blessings.. Gratitude is the surest way to keep your head in the right place... The crap storm will pass.. 6 months from now it will just be a story you can tell people you meet "Man you'll never believe all the crap that happened last spring" So look at the bright side..... Kidney stones suck... But at least its not cancer or worse.... A hole in roof is a freakin nightmare.. But at least it didn't crash in and kill someone.... Hang in there. I hope things look up soon

Monster metal is right. It could be alot worse. All things are fixable ....Its sad that sometimes things stack up on you.Keep the faith. :wink:

oh definately MM, i live on the same block as a funeral home, cars parked for blocks for a 14 year old girls funeral :( ... my current aggrivations are nothing compared to others.

i was really more disgruntled about the "pile-up" situation ... and thing are on there way to normal again for me and mine. :)

I went into the hospital yesterday, Apparently have bladder infection Im on Antibiotics and have a catheter...Too much information, i know...

Not fun...

So, Should friday the 8th of may be declared national bad luck day?

aw man Eric, hope its not as bad as it sounds !!! im hopin this kidney thing doesnt turn into something similar :|

B607 said:
Hang in there CCR. Was the 14 yr old girl killed by the storm? Gary

nope... i dont know the whole story ... but she died from a gunshot to the chest a few days earlier.

Praying for the family of the 14 year old girl........And YOU too....I've had kidney stones 3 times in my life, and passed them all (OUCH).....you'll be fine. :wink:

Latest posts

Back