the black pumpkin

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well i figured since i actually build a lot of bikes for other people maybe i would show off my current project. it started off as a monark rocket that i took apart which was a pain cause no matter what i did the stem would not come out. i ended up needing to cut it off so a new fork will be used but thats cool the owner wanted to do something different anyways. sorry no pics yet they are in my camera i will try to upload them tonight the frame has already been sanded, primed and painted. basicly the bike was the owner's father's and his favorite colors were black and orange so now you get the name (i came up with it lol). more to come

well it is a fat tire frame and it is straight bar so i would guess late 50's. i am very happy with the paint same color black as i used on my 62 ranchero. it is not gloss but has just enough flat in it to make it suede. i am going to go grab my camera and upload the pics.

well i had already started with the paint removal when i started the pics but basicly it was a really strange faded purple color
002-1.jpg

001.jpg

now here is the primer i like to use rustolium paints i find they are very durable, and spray well. however i wish i had chosen a lighter primer for this bike lol.
001.jpg

012.jpg

016.jpg

018.jpg
019.jpg

and no it is not a fliped frame bike that is just my new home made frame painting and mock up stand

the wheels look red in the photos but they are actually orange hence the name black pumpkin.

Back