The Blockhead

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its amazing how good some of the new spray can product is today especially the high temp stuff. Hanging out to see it the BH back together.

Very soon, I only have a small window to paint in the am before work as it is "too cold" (yes, I know living in Cali how absurd that sounds :) )to paint in the early am. I rode it around for a couple days and it took some doing to get it going but once you had momentum, you were cruising nicely.

Very soon, I only have a small window to paint in the am before work as it is "too cold" (yes, I know living in Cali how absurd that sounds :) )to paint in the early am. I rode it around for a couple days and it took some doing to get it going but once you had momentum, you were cruising nicely.
Hope you freeze!

Some friendly smack :grin:

Well, yeah we do "freeze" out here but it is relative. I had a guy the other day roll inot the shop wearing short and a t-shirt and he was sweating. I, on the other hand had several hobo layers on and was shaking like a chihuahua, beause it was "cold". I was from from the LA area and he was from Alaska. Of course when it is 100 degrees out I will ride my bike to work and not break a sweat and Mr. Alaska will melt like the wicked witch of the west did in the Wizard of Oz.

Well, yeah we do "freeze" out here but it is relative. I had a guy the other day roll inot the shop wearing short and a t-shirt and he was sweating. I, on the other hand had several hobo layers on and was shaking like a chihuahua, beause it was "cold". I was from from the LA area and he was from Alaska. Of course when it is 100 degrees out I will ride my bike to work and not break a sweat and Mr. Alaska will melt like the wicked witch of the west did in the Wizard of Oz.

I can ride up lava, swim in liquid nitrogen!:showingbiceps:

Hey, can you do wheelies? Seriously.

I can ride up lava, swim in liquid nitrogen!:showingbiceps:

Hey, can you do wheelies? Seriously.
Not very long ones, not like wheelie kid type wheelies. I keep thinking I'll go down the street to the grocery store parking lot one day and spend the time to master it, but other things are more important to me right now. My special bike skill is pushing a flatland bmx gear up steep mountain climbs, like cleaning a 1100 feet mile and 1/2 technical climb on a 42/18 gear. My indroctineration to mountain biking was with a former pro from the early days of mtb and he was a beast. I used to lag behind him on a schwinn cruiser and he'd be on his cook bros just killing me for 4 or 5 hours...good times. Down side of that is I've broke 6 frames in a row, all but one on the down tube or top tube by the head tube...
IMG_0474.JPG
IMG_0475.JPG

My special bike skill is pushing a flatland bmx gear up steep mountain climbs, like cleaning a 1100 feet mile and 1/2 technical climb on a 42/18 gear. My indroctineration to mountain biking was with a former pro from the early days of mtb and he was a beast.
60+ gear inches up hills requires legs.

Ever feel a need to sandbag while riding with buddies your age out of politeness?

Hey, just saw this last night looking for a bar... no, not that kind.
Old School 1970's BMX handle bars ashtabula gusseted stem mx grips webco dg cyc1.jpg

60+ gear inches up hills requires legs.

Ever feel a need to sandbag while riding with buddies your age out of politeness?

Hey, just saw this last night looking for a bar... no, not that kind.
View attachment 147035
No, not really. We can all keep up with each other for the most part, the oldest guy in our crew is 74 and did an 80 mile ride with me no problem. I have friends that can ride circles around me, lap me in races where I get 4th out of 30 people so I'm not the strongest by far, my power is good but I don't ride as fast as a good chunk of my friends. :)

A backyard fix for a stem, well that is where it all began, I love stuff like that! : )

Some ham-fisted attempts at getting stickers on the frame, they look so-so. Got them off ebay, and they were really hard to peel off, made from vinyl, they did not stick well... Oh well...
IMG_1594.JPG
IMG_1595.JPG

I'm surprised how well that frame photographs. It looks really good from a lot of angles. I'm not 100% on the bars, though. I don't think I like how much of it is on one single plane. Looks like minecraft

More like a cw bar. I still have my Atari 2600 but no tv. :)

Latest posts

Back