THE BOYS ARE BACK IN TEXAS! ZZ TOP!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
In case of you guys have been out of the loop, ZZ Top has realeased a new album this fall and one of the big hits is a song called "I Gotsta Get Paid" and it has a new music video. Eliminator and CadZZila are gone, but the new RAT RODS are cool. 8)

See the video here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaIZWjItReI

Haven't heard the new one yet. I saw ZZ 3 times over the years. Saw them get booed off the stage in St.Louis in '74 or '75. Gary

B607 said:
Haven't heard the new one yet. I saw ZZ 3 times over the years. Saw them get booed off the stage in St.Louis in '74 or '75. Gary

About 10 years later I bet those fools regretted that!

Love ZZ Top! Awesome rats in this video & the rest of the scenery is pretty awesome too! 8) :mrgreen: :lol:

partsguy said:
B607 said:

About 10 years later I bet those fools regretted that!

Sold out concert...Doobie Brothers were the headliner and ZZ backup. The equip. truck broke down and the concert was delayed. It was a week night and Kiel Auditorium was full of younger kids wanting to see the Doobies. Finally ZZ came on but they wanted to see the Doobies...I think because of the late time. They were booed and they walked off. I was bummed. I came to see ZZ as I'd seen the Doobies before. Gary

Used to like them them back in the day, saw several concerts around Eliminator days
Like the raw blues of Rio Grande Mud and the funky style of Avalon Highway (Tejas)

pick said:
Awesome rats in this video & the rest of the scenery is pretty awesome too! 8) :mrgreen: :lol:
Agree with Pick on this point!! Thanks for posting it

heard the new song the other day, didnt realize it till the dj said. i thought it was an old song i hadent heard before. i remember in high school the cool thing to do was have zz stripes on your ride. kinda funny looking back. i take my music very seriously, its great to see some of my favorite groups still at it. i was on a cloud when i got the new van halen release last spring. come to think of it, my signature came from zz top. :wink:

X-RAY said:
heard the new song the other day, didnt realize it till the dj said. i thought it was an old song i hadent heard before. i remember in high school the cool thing to do was have zz stripes on your ride. kinda funny looking back. i take my music very seriously, its great to see some of my favorite groups still at it. i was on a cloud when i got the new van halen release last spring. come to think of it, my signature came from zz top. :wink:

There's a guy that goes around town in a bright orange circa 1983 Ford van with red and yellow ZZ Top stripes. It has old school mag wheels and I think it has the BF Goodrich whtie letter tires too. It's pretty nice. Oh and am I the only one to notice all the EMS ambulances and fire trucks with "zz style" stripes?

Went to some concert in Dallas about the mid-60's - Can't remember who headlined, but I never forget the warm up band, The Moving Sidewalks. They played some blues related stuff I was not familiar with. Had no clue at the time, but they were Billy Gibbon's start up.
I've always been a Top fan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moving_Sidewalks

Since the 13th Floor Elevators are mentioned, I saw them at some small venue in Port Arthur along about the time their hit "You're Gonna Miss Me" was out. We got there late, and that was the only song we got to hear. They announced that they were leaving for San Francisco the next day. Again no clue about what was going to happen, but the rest is history.

I saw ZZ Top and the Doobies together at Rickwood Field in Birmingham back in 1974. Don't remember much about the concert though! I remember listening to Paul McCartneys "Band On The Run" which just had came out headed there.

Latest posts

Back