The CheapLiner

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, I think you nailed it!..One white and one black, LOOKS GOOD!

Hey, looking good on the pinstriping and flipped fork. Your fork only has one set of "springer" bars, I wonder if I can do that, mine has 2. Anyway, not sure about the 1 each tire look, I'd go white walls, but either way, it turned out flippin sweet

hechtrod said:
Hey, looking good on the pinstriping and flipped fork. Your fork only has one set of "springer" bars, I wonder if I can do that, mine has 2. Anyway, not sure about the 1 each tire look, I'd go white walls, but either way, it turned out flippin sweet
I think yours only has 1 set too. The other ones are truss bars or for a rack. They don't really have an effect on the spring action. My other spaceliner with a solid fork has the same setup.
As for the one black/one white, I wasn't sure going into it either. But now that its done, I dig it. It's hard to tell here tbut the black tire is a bit skinnier than the whitewall, which has a kinda cool dragster/hotrod feel to it... Anyways to each their own. I dig it. It looked cool with all black, and with whitewalls, but it just has a little bit different attitude like this. :mrgreen:
On second thought, after looking at your pics, it looks like your rack/truss barr attatches at the spring, but I still don't think it has anything to do with the spring action... I've seen more without them than with them... Just my $.02.

Like the color scheme a lot. I'd like to do a 2 tone of some kind on mine, but I'm just not sure what to do. I'm a rattle can rat painter all the way. So it's easy to paint over if I don't like it. :lol: I'll probably just wait til I get some red, white and black One Shot to strip it. All I have now are green, yellow, blue and brown. I don't think they would look right on a black frame or red tank. :roll: I think I could do red accents on the frame in a similar way you did yours and make it killer though.

Latest posts

Back