The CRUCIBLE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well we finally finished my bike, it is heavy but i love riding it, it is a 24" 1951 columbia westfield, i did most of the work after my dad showed me or told me how, i sandblasted the bike and painted it with spray cans to make the camo with 5 different cans, the tank is a 40mm shell that my dad said he had for about 30 years and does not know where he got it, the siren is from ebay and works, my dad made a video of it and it is at the end of this post, the horn works but not the light, the handle grips are 25mm shells i got from my dads nephew, the ammo boxes we got from a flea market and a auction. hope you like it, i love it.
this is the build post viewtopic.php?f=31&t=16492
ZanesRRBO4build002.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff039.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff035.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff003.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff004.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff005.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff009.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff013.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff014.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff015.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff019.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff023.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff027.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff029.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff033.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff047.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff050.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff051.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff052.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff053.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff054.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff055.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff056.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff057.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff058.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff059.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff060.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff061.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff062.jpg

ZanesFinishedBuildoff064.jpg

You have build one of the nicest military themebikes ever. I LOVE the camouflage patern. Very original and a fresh departure from the okay-ish but very safe one-tint olive drab color we usually get to see. That yellow lense and... Just look at all those details... I won't mention them coz they're quite obvious.
Awesome...

Well done and happy voting!
(ps: nice pics in a thougtfull scenery...)

OUTSTANDING!! Very creative and a well deserved tribute. Definitely on my short list.

Great job !the old man should be proud ,can"t wait to see your next bike ! 8)

I must say I am Very proud of this little guy, I would show him or tell him how to do something and he would take right over, He is so proud of his big brother and this is the ultimate dedication in his eyes. He is definately going to make it hard for me to compete in any other buildoffs.

I was waiting for this to post in the finished section, this is absolutely awesome! Fantastic concept and flawless execution! And what an honorable tribute as well. You should be very very proud.

This has definitely got one of my votes, for sure. Congrats on your sweet build! :D

SOOOOO COOL!!! That yellow lens is the snakes hips.Lots of detail that all works.Definitely on my list, too. 8)

To me, a military themed bike is something that looks like it was actually used by the military forces for warfare or military duty. I hate to see choppers or lowriders with flat green and a star and call it military; that ain't so, that looks fake, no military branch would ever put that in service.

You want a military themed bike? THIS IS IT! beautiful camo job and details! the scale of everything on it looks right on for being a 24". I think no other mil-spec bike will come close to this one this year.

Latest posts

Back