The Elgin Taco gets some new shoes, Do they fit?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
38   0   1
Yup, no burrito for this frame, but the idea still lives! I got the frameset and while it is very nice, it is not perfect. Lot of work already with worn headtube bearing race fused to head tube, UGH, but finally fixed. Lots of paint in the wheel adjuster slots, tediously cleaned with a dental pick and new adjusters carefully threaded in. The cherry on top, literally was this recovered and restored Messinger long spring saddle I got at the Dudley swap this morning for $70. Cha Ching!

RBElgin1.jpg

RBElgin2.jpg

RBElgin3.jpg

Re: No Elgin Burrito, Just an Elgin Taco><Black Shell n' Salsa><

:p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p
ES2.jpg

Just scored some new treads for my Elgin. Do you think they will fit? 8) They are 29ers!

This is the oldest bike I own and will be wearing the most modern wheels i have. Seems ironic :shock:

29er2.jpg

29er3.jpg

29er4.jpg

29er5.jpg

29er6.jpg

29er7.jpg

29er8.jpg

The wheels that are on the bike in the forst pics are 28" Metal clads. Looks like another half inch diameter and some rubber ought to fit nice and snug!

deorman said:
If that bike is a twenty eight inch, they might just make it. Looks pretty tight from here. :?

Hi yeshoney
i am so glad you kept that beutiful fame and paint jod intact :) love the seat and the new wheels, keep up that good work :!:
later :wink:

I was thinking of doing the same type build with a Rollfast similar frame I'm looking at, be real interested to see if these wheels fit. A custom bike builder named Tony Pereira makes a 29er mtb inspred by an Elgin he owns, kinda funny but he has the same tires and close rim and frame color choice on his personal bike below, the "Roaring 29er". Much, much cheaper to use an Elgin.

IMG_4363.jpg

HURRY UP, Joe!

Still waiting on UPS - slowest shippers in the shipping business, next to the USPS :cry:

I did find that Schwalbe makes a cream 29er tire that I just have to buy and they are 2 inch width tires, not the super skinnies!!!

Joe

socal_jack said:
Well, do they fit? :?:

yeshoney said:
Still waiting on UPS - slowest shippers in the shipping business, next to the USPS :cry:

I did find that Schwalbe makes a cream 29er tire that I just have to buy and they are 2 inch width tires, not the super skinnies!!!

Joe

Agreed, brown has made me down at times waiting to see what they could do for me. Usually by day 9 or so I like to jibe them a bit via emails, you know ask `em if the horse died, that sort of thing. Have seen those Schwalbes on mtbr would look nice.

Back