THE GALT TOWN HOOLIGAN

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
this bike has been a huge challenge for me personally. i really wanted to try and capture the rat rod look but still have a bike that was somewhat elligent and still have flow through out the bike. not sure if i pulled it off although it is really interesting the reactions that the "bells" get. most dont think they serve a purpouse at all then i twist the grip and their eyes go wide. first though i need to thank a few people on this build. sensor for hooking me up with the frame and tank that got the whole thing started. frank for the rims and nipples which once i cleaned them set the color combo for the bike. then fireproof for the sweet one of hooligans plate that sets the back of the bike off. then terry and the guys at college cyclery always supporting me and atleast acting like they dig my customs lol. now then a short parts list
frame: stock 1970's schwinn canti frame only the seat tube cut short to clear the seat
fork: main leg schwinn chrome from a swap meet, front half repop monarch springer with rebent top plate, legs bent to match the schwinn fork, and the much longer than stock brass knuckle rockers
crank and sprocket: crank is a 40's dog leg, sprocket is a schwinn 5 spoke turned skip link by cutting every other tooth off
chain: NOS diamon skip
rear hub: super rare new depauture model A hub with cool skip link chain brake arm holder
front hub: 70's shimano tall flang aluminum polished with the super cool 4 spoke reflector
seat: beat up brooks welded right to the frame
licence plate and rear light: half a saw blade held to the frame by two peces of skip chain, tail light is a 5 hp briggs piston, with a 50's auto lamp glass light.
tank: schwinn spot welded into frame
bells: twin solex 30/31 PICT carbs with twin bells hidden on the back side. all mounted to a custom manifold welded to the inside frame structre. all actuated by a vintage surmy archer twist grip.

NOW ENOUGH OF THAT JUNK LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Picture023.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture058.jpg

Picture057.jpg

Picture046.jpg

Picture056.jpg

Picture055.jpg

Picture050.jpg

Picture049.jpg

Picture048.jpg

Picture043.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture010.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture014.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Picture016.jpg

Picture017.jpg

Picture019.jpg

Picture024.jpg

Picture025.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture031.jpg

Picture035.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Picture023.jpg

here is the video of the carb bells working with the twist throtle. sorry steve i forgot to post it lol

Lots of cool little touches. I like how you fit the wine bottle stoppers into the handgrips (bet no one else recognized that's what they are); I have a set of those at home I may work into a build in a different way, now that you gave me the idea. The pinstriping is excellent and really sets it off. Those carburetor bells are just crazy sick; do they poke you in the chest when riding?

...and he comes out swingin' with a left hook followed by an uppercut!!! Wow this RRBBO4 has become a battle-royal or what!!! :D Next year I'm gonna have to attatch a monkey to my handlebars blastin' away with a six-shooter cap-gun!!! :mrgreen: I love all the details!!!

I don't even know what to say...............................

But the bells do slay me! This bike is just unbelievable.

looks good :mrgreen:
to bad you never got ahold of me about coming over i had a lamp that i was going to let you borrow(hint remember 'bigger is better'? i had a spare set of lamps from my '31)
and no need to thank me on the frame......you EARNED it when you had to lace,tension,and true those wheels for my zep :lol:
great looking bike!

Great details as usual...........Big set of bells!

Latest posts

Back