'The Goon' - Raw Aluminium Board Tracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Heres my finished RRBBO # 5 entry - 'The Goon' board tracker.

Base bike is an aluminium Giant Simple, definitely one of the less loved variants of the modern cruisers. The only new items I bought for the build were the grips, seatpost, and threadless stem convertor. The rest of the parts are second hand or from the parts pile :wink:

Before
simple008.jpg

Build thread:
http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=26477

Finished bike
simple077.jpg

simple080.jpg

simple079.jpg

simple067.jpg

simple045.jpg

simple049.jpg

Now thats Perfect ! man what a change. Simple and clean. The wrapped bars make me want to do mine.

another killer transformation! :D clean,simple and the raw aluminum looks really great! those original fenders might look good on another build,too! :mrgreen:

You really did it a favor. That bike got lucky by meeting you.

Cool pics as well.

Thanks for all the great comments :D

Dee-Em said:
I love the riding poition on this, looks perfect, and really comfy 8)

Yup. Originally I had the stem flipped (the pic below), did about 16 miles or so on it like that. The lines are fantastic but she's not real ergonomic when riding :lol: With the non-flipped stem the lines aren't quite as nice but you get a board tracker that's pretty comfy to ride for decent lengths of time. :D All up I reckon Ive done about 30 miles or so since it was completed, rides great.

SableandArgent115.jpg

COOL bike!...The riding pic is KILLER.

love it

Hewey, Hewey, Hewey!!! I won't spend too much time reiterating what everyone else has said about your amazing transformation. I love this build! Lemme give a shout out to the photog. Whoever did the pics deserves a bit of praise as well. I gotta wonder how many action pics were taken to get that sepia one? How many times did you fly down that trail to get that shot??? I can see at least three! Very very cool. Let's see a sequence series! Anyway, great job all the way around, mate!

PS:When I go back and look at the sepia shot I can just imagine a couple of other racers just about to appear around that bend in the background! (of course you're leading!) It's so cool. ... errr.... well maybe that's just my schizophrenia kicking in. The voices are telling me to go take my meds. See ya.

Glad you all like it :mrgreen:

Pudge said:
Lemme give a shout out to the photog. Whoever did the pics deserves a bit of praise as well. I gotta wonder how many action pics were taken to get that sepia one? How many times did you fly down that trail to get that shot??? I can see at least three! Very very cool. Let's see a sequence series! Anyway, great job all the way around, mate!

Photog for the day was my girl (still recovering from a stomach bug at the time!). Um, prob did about 4 or 5 passes in the end, the problem was getting the focus okay, and me in shot.

I pasted one of the passes together as a sequence
NewPicture.jpg

And a close up from one of the shots where I was half out of the frame.
simple059.jpg

And this is supposed to look fast (because it is) but it doesnt :lol:
simple041.jpg

And lastly a shot of my girl and I at the Sydney Tweed Ride a couple of weeks back
37214_408819636313_97309896313_5006151_8090794_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back