The Judge GTO Build/Changed the design to a 67Mustang GT500

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hammond Eggz said:
icyuod2 said:
scott brownsey said:
o man the gto bike would be cooler the gto was the first muscle car :(

i'm with scott on this one.
not sure why you'd switch from a muscle car to a pony car. :)

C'mon guys, get serious! :lol:
The GT500 was no secretary's 6 cyl. grocery-getter. :wink: It easily matched the GTO muscle-for-muscle:
'69 GTO Judge (at least that appears to be what he has pictured): 400CID = 350-370HP (several optional engines) / 410-445lbs-ft. Torque
Weight: approx. 4,000 lbs. 1/4 mile: 14.45 @ 98 MPH
'67 Mustang Shelby GT500 (although pic looks like an "Eleanor" clone): 428CID = 355HP (a VERY under-rated HP number by Ford, this engine has been estimated
at well over 400HP output)/420lbs.-ft. Torque. Weight: approx. 3,000lbs. 1/4 mile: 14.4 @ 99MPH

Go with the GT500 name - you can't miss. Besides, the Mustangs had way cooler stripes! :mrgreen:

its just that whole pony car movement the mustang started, that i dislike.
never been a fan of the mustang.

...sorry to hear that, seeing as how I've owned over a dozen of 'em in the last 30 or so years! :|

But hey, to each his own! And to be perfectly honest, I've been searching for the right '68-'71 GTO for the past few months, myself! :mrgreen:

*(By the way, I've got the 428 in my '66 Thunderbird, but at a more realistically rated 345HP / 462Torque! It ain't no drag racer, but it'll smoke the tires for blocks! ...not that I ever do that sort of thing... 8) )

While I have a decades long preference of almost any knee-action GM to almost any Ford product, and as a fan of Pontiacs in particular, the "Judge" does nothing for me. An actual GT 500 can pretty much smoke it in anything but demo derby, or a rolling start ride on a straight highway. Heck, I've seen one lose repeated heads up runs against a suicide Lincoln convertible. :shock:

Mustangs are deep in my blood.........bought my first one 32 years ago and have owned at least one every year since. Heres my present one...... black '03 Cobra with a friend of mines supercharged red '05.

Mustang theme suits me fine :mrgreen:

mustangs are cool enough i really like the old fast backs and a boss 429 is just sexy. for the GTO i like the early ones not so much the judge but if i were picking between the two to do a bicycle version of i think the GTO has a few more options. but its all good i mean take a look at the muscle bike build off or somewhere on here there is a hemi under glass version of a muscle bike. have at it, and oh i like old fords too i have a 62 ranchero, 63 falcon wagon, a 50 shoebox, and the new one a 28 ford

i was born with ford blue blood running thru my veins. never had much time for gm( the great mistake), but i like the idea of a goat bike. a mustang would be my choice, but thats only my opinion. build what you want, im sure it will be cool. now, if you wanna be really different, '69 amc hurst rambler/scrambler!

Well, now that we've completely crapped on the OP's thread... :mrgreen:

Great stuff, simpleman - I guess my first one was in '74, making it 36 years ago. Yikes. My how time flies!
Haven't owned any new ones, but here's a couple of mine:

DSC03177.jpg

2007Sept154.jpg

side.jpg

those are sweet! the 73 mach 1 has always been my favorite car of all time!once upon a time, i wrote a term paper on mustangs in high school.

Thanks a lot. The '73 is a Q-code (351 Cleveland Cobra Jet) car, with Competition Suspension and power windows!
Obviously, I'm a big fan. I am even a founding member and was Vice Pres. for two years of a local vintage Mustang club.
Very cool that you'd write a paper on them - I'd love to see that!

I just couldn't resist any more!
the first Muscle Car.
1955_Chrysler_300_exfrpass34.jpg

the first Pony Car.
1964-barracuda.jpg

Just the facts. :mrgreen:

I got all the parts I need just have to start putting it together and take some pics it is hard to work on 2 or 3 bikes at a time.

Latest posts

Back