The Larryville Shuffle (working title)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning to host a swap this June either in Lawrence Kansas or Columbia Missouri. The second weekend in June is the planned date. I need help. More information to come, but this is intended to break up some of the monotony of the bi/tri/quad annual ho-hum KC swaps. Not that there is anything wrong with them, they are just poorly promoted and almost always idetical.

Either of these locations may help some of the folks from either Witchita, Topeka make it in or St Louis/ Western Illinois (if held in Columbia)

PM me if you want to volunteer.

Its awfully funny that you say that you want to break up the monotony of these poorly promoted, Ho-hum KC swaps, yet your at every one of them. I hope you have great success getting this off the ground because we need more swaps in the midwest now that Acme is no more. That leaves only three active swaps a year in KC.

Although I haven't attended many of the swaps lately, the ones from the past have been a bit, well, lacking. Life here at home has been a bit hectic and I don't see that slowing down in the immediate future... but I would make time to attend a swap with an alternate location - Columbia would get my vote currently. Keep us posted on thoughts and/or progress.

Clark

Hey Clark, Please tell me what the swaps are lacking so maybe we can make them better. Hope you and the family had a good christmas and have a happy new year.

OK, since our swaps in KC are so "ho hum," we would welcome your help to make them better. With a little help, our shows could be more to your taste, and you could take a little credit for it. Do you only want to come and get the best deals possible? Or do you want to help us make the KC swaps better?

People come a long ways for the KC swap meets--and they come year after year.

If you want to complain, please be specific with your suggestions, and maybe even be willing to step up to the plate to carry them out. (Live bands? Beer pong? Strippers? Maybe not. But what DO you want besides bicycle parts?)

As far as poor promotion--what can you do to help in that area, also? Like I said, our swap meets are year after year, so everybody knows they're coming up (i.e., the El Torreon's 10th and Peddler's 5th will be this year).

Just help us out, spread the word, buddy, and we hope we'll see you there.

Back