The Little Ladie's Color Flow

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife has been eager to get her own bike for sometime now and we've had our eyes pealed for a J.C. Higgins Color Flow. We've been eyeing one on Craigslist here in Seattle but every time we'd go to respond the post would disappear. It was becoming frustrating having this go on for about 6 months. We'd givin' up on that bike a few times but when looking at other bikes we couldn't find the right bike for the right price.
Well long story short, last weekend we managed to get a hold of the Higgins we'd been eying.

This is our first build together and the wife's first time tearing a bike down to scraps and building it back up. I've made her a bit of a rattle can rebel so she'll probably have some fun when it comes to painting and has a good idea of how she wants the bike to look. It'll be interesting throughout the build to see how our styles differ. It's her bike so she's got the final say on everything and I know that the way she wants it wouldn't be the way I'd do it.
So far we've tore it apart and started sanding it down, the wife is really enjoying it and has new ideas to bring to the build everyday. It's nice working on it together.
The bike will probably turn out closer to a cheater rod than a rat rod but there's a lot of work to be done and quality time with the wife to had.
Picture to come soon... just gotta find that dang camera cable thing.

Hopefully we'll have a nice day sometime before April so you guys can actually enjoy it :lol:

Back