The making/ building of the Blue Blur

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crank Brothers Mallet E LS Pedals Enduro Ride & Race, Black/Blue . these look nice but price not so nice.:(
s-l1600 (13).jpg

What is your price point? There's a ton of them companies that make combo pedals like that well under $50. I see a whole bunch of them on Amazon just not the egg beater type

What is your price point? There's a ton of them companies that make combo pedals like that well under $50. I see a whole bunch of them on Amazon just not the egg beater type
$40.00 or less would be nice. but for a really cool far out tricked out pedal. I could see paying more.

@ifitsfreeitsforme Ian, you took the words right out of my mouth! Also, didn't know you had that road racing heritage in your background. Any photos from BITD? Stories, oh, there must be stories?!

haha! Ya, there's stories, but I won't hijack this thread or bore everyone with them. Here's a picture of me and a team mate in '89. Me on the left. I think my bike is a C'dale R300 with Mavic rims, American Classic hubs...

BCR.PNG

mtb racing that same year: (some racers lost shoes in that muck)

BCR2.PNG

Firecracker Criterium, Middletown, CT. I think I placed 8th that year. I was better suited to road races, but I won a couple crits.

BCR3.PNG

Attachments

• BCR2.PNG
    BCR2.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
lollipop pedals (Speedplay) are the best IMO. I've been using them for twenty years
Wow ! ^^ You are da man, Ian! Cool racing photos! That water crossing looks gnarly. I didn't have the bike handling skills for crits. And nobody wants a 200 lb menace riding that close to them. :bigsmile: I was more suited to the dirt. Thanks for posting those up!

Scan0003 (4).jpg

mtb racing.jpg

lollipop pedals (Speedplay) are the best IMO. I've been using them for twenty years.
ya been riding on a few sets of those. there nice but if I get lazy don't dig out my clipless shoes. they suck for any other type of shoe !

tires and tubs bought on line. now I wait on mail man.
TIOGA FASTR-X 20" x 1-3/8" BLACK WIRE BEAD BMX TIRE
s-l300.jpg
@MattiThundrrr and was at an old guys place on Friday he had a stack of those atleast 100 new old stock 18,20,24, never seen them that skinny wanted to grab them but wasn't sure how easy the rim would be to find.

@MattiThundrrr and was at an old guys place on Friday he had a stack of those atleast 100 new old stock 18,20,24, never seen them that skinny wanted to grab them but wasn't sure how easy the rim would be to find.
rims standard for mini IE a BMX race class for 6 to 12 year old kids to race on. they also make 20X 1 1/8 way skinnier. that would fit my rims. but not good for my fat adult self. :rofl: they have a rider weight limit.

Latest posts

Back