The making/ building of the Blue Blur

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just blew $17.00 on a seat we will see how it looks on bike.
61kYS99pRzL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

^^ I bought one of those seats to use on a my vintage Schwinn bmx for riding in the driveway with the kids. It is more comfortable than the original hard plastic seat. A friend bought one for a road bike, and it broke on the third ride.

^^ I bought one of those seats to use on a my vintage Schwinn bmx for riding in the driveway with the kids. It is more comfortable than the original hard plastic seat. A friend bought one for a road bike, and it broke on the third ride.
I hope it don't brake would have gone with rock bros but could not find one. so went with this simler style one.

I got a dumb question but being a TT newb... Is that front tire high pressure? It seems like it would need to be.

Slow - Ride, did you ever get that seatpost diameter measured out? Use metric if you have the capability, otherwise I can convert too.

not yet still hunting for my calipers to measure it.
25.4 seat post fits but a little lose. would work with a slim business card size shim. out side measure's 1.155. trouble is top of seat tube is mangled not perfectly round. so inside hard to get a read.

Last edited:
25.4 seat post fits but a little lose. would work with a slim business card size shim. out side measure's 1.155. trouble is top of seat tube is mangled not perfectly round. so inside hard to get a read.
Prob a 25.6 seat post. I'll cbeck my stock in the morning.

PS any one want to unload/ sell a set/pair of Shimano 600 hubs 32 hole. so I can lace them to my 20 1 1/8 32 hole rims to go with even skinner tires.:13:
DSC02770.JPG
DSC02769.JPG
DSC02771.JPG

Features:
Semi-Slick Tread
  • V shaped tread pattern custom designed for precise grip and high speed acceleration
  • PSI: 110
    ISO:451Bead:Wire
    Size:20x1-1/8"
s-l1600 (3).jpg
s-l1600 (4).jpg

Last edited:
Those Tioga Powerblocks are good tires. I used one on the front of my Four-gone Conclusion Muscle bike BO build a few years back, in the 24" version. @Slow-Rider , I sent you a message in Conversations about seat posts, etc. (It's that little envelope in the top right of the menu bar).

Those Tioga Powerblocks are good tires. I used one on the front of my Four-gone Conclusion Muscle bike BO build a few years back, in the 24" version. @Slow-Rider , I sent you a message in Conversations about seat posts, etc. (It's that little envelope in the top right of the menu bar).

Conversations​

You have no recent conversations.

And there are quite a few 32H 600 hubs on ebay when you search "vintage Shimano 600 hubs"

Latest posts

Back