The making/ building of the Blue Blur

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ya but there 7 to 8 speed and cassette free wheel. so to long/ wide for my frame. I need 6 speed or less.
Looks like 99% of the vintage 600 hubs that are 6 speed that I find on the 'bay are all 36 hole, so that might be an issue.

slowride hub.jpg

The far right one is 32H, is the 126mm spacing what you want, or do you need the 120mm ? I can't tell from your photos. You could always use a spacer on that 7 spd Shimano cassette hub for your 6 spd.

Looks like 99% of the vintage 600 hubs that are 6 speed that I find on the 'bay are all 36 hole, so that might be an issue.

View attachment 214630

The far right one is 32H, is the 126mm spacing what you want, or do you need the 120mm ? I can't tell from your photos. You could always use a spacer on that 7 spd Shimano cassette hub for your 6 spd.
trying to avoid spreading my rear end of frame. so 120. plus need free wheel. or the corn cob I bought. will not work on the hub. so would also need to but a cassette cluster. the only ones I have here. are Tall gear for climbing hills. not high speed on flats.

got my brakes on the cheap but there shipping from Located in: Bielsko-Biala, Poland :eek: so may take a while.
A nice place! Been there about 20 years ago. As far as I remember they brew also some tasty beer there... ;) 🍻

Shimano 600 brakes are a no go :( there to short reach for brake shoes to line up with rim.. I needed long reach. but I do have two miss match to make a set. 1 black Techtro 1 browns mystery brand that do fit good line up. just a bummer on the 600.

Last edited:
may just slap on the black leather road bike seat for now. the other two I bought on amazon have not yet moved according to shipping. fine print said may get here December first. un like ebay on amazon they don't have to disclose were item/store is located or if they have it in stock. or they order it out a catalog drop ship it from some other supplier/ the manufacture 😟

may just slap on the black leather road bike seat for now. the other two I bought on amazon have not yet moved according to shipping. fine print said may get here December first. un like ebay on amazon they don't have to disclose were item/store is located or if they have it in stock. or they order it out a catalog drop ship it from some other supplier/ the manufacture 😟
Should be ok with the delay? Due date isn’t until mid-January?

still a long ways to go. need to drill hole bigger in rear. for recessed alien nut. for rear brake. add chain, derailleur cables, brake cables, bar rap. seat post shim or new fatter seat post. but have a look at my vision.
DSC02838.JPG

Latest posts

Back