The making/ building of the Blue Blur

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
now the bad news this Blue Blur may not be finished in time.:cry: all parts I thought were here. but guy at local bike shop. said he could sell me derailleur cables. but because my frame. lacks shifter cable stops. he thinks my thumb shifter levers will not work.
View attachment 217401
DSC02842.JPG

DSC02848.JPG

but I just looked at all 3 my Road bikes I still have working. none have the cable stop he claims I need. so what am I not getting??

he said if I get bar end shifters it might be doable. but he would have to order them for 160.00 or I can find a set IE like these.

View attachment 217402
DSC02847.JPG

so now stuck on what to do? IE what to believe is the way to go. but at least 3 out off 4 builds done not to bad.

now the bad news this Blue Blur may not be finished in time.:cry: all parts I thought were here. but guy at local bike shop. said he could sell me derailleur cables. but because my frame. lacks shifter cable stops. he thinks my thumb shifter levers will not work.
View attachment 217401
View attachment 217404
View attachment 217403
but I just looked at all 3 my Road bikes I still have working. none have the cable stop he claims I need. so what am I not getting??

he said if I get bar end shifters it might be doable. but he would have to order them for 160.00 or I can find a set IE like these.

View attachment 217402
View attachment 217405

so now stuck on what to do? IE what to believe is the way to go. but at least 3 out off 4 builds done not to bad.
You still have almost 2 months

You still have almost 2 months
ya just stuck on how or what to fix the issue. I think I have the thumb shifters guy was talking about. but this close to Christmas. my bike founds/ spare cash after bills are payed. need to go to gifts for others. not stuff for me.

@Slow-Rider , there are cable stops available on Amazon. Here is one option I found on a search. Be sure you have your outside tube diameter measured and order specifically for that on which ever frame tube you will mount these to. This way you could still use your shifters and brakes you already have.

cable stops.jpg

Sounds weird...
When it comes to saddles, I usually choose comfort over style. I can't see them when I'm sitting on them.
it's a comfy nock off of a Rock bros carbon seat. (love rock bros seats) ya it shows they put way to thin a carbo layer. looks the part but is weak on nose. the blue / black seat comfy no flex and feels very soled. looks grate so its the keeper.

Dude! This really turned out cool!

I like the spider web seat.

Latest posts

Back