THE MURRAY MOTOBIKE MOTORBIKE UPDATED WITH YOUR OPINIONS

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is some updated pics of my murray motorbike. i made some changes after some comments from the first photos i posted. put a lucky seven seat post in, flipped a set of bars on it, and flipped the spring holder on the springer to level the spring more. this thing gets even more looks now! tearing the motor down and boring it out a little is in the works very soon!
100_4383.jpg
100_4384.jpg

That's mighty neat! But- how do you start the engine? My eye caught that, doesn't have the typical spring starter, or even the old school wind-the-rope-around-the-cup dealie... ~Adam

probably the same way i start my mini bike with a 5 hp briggs and that is with a drill. that sucker is very cool i have an old 2 1/2 hp engine laying around i really should build one of those. do you have any pics of the drive setup? or even better what did you use?

thanks guys! i actually push start it! i leave the clutch engaged, roll the bike back a little bit to release some compression, and off i go. after it gets good and warmed up, i can actually start it on the rear stand by spinning the rear wheel! i can get some close ups of the drive system if you like this weekend.

as far as the drive system, the rear wheel pulley is a whizzer pulley. the gray pulley that drives to the rear wheel is off of a whizzer also, it is in the same location on my bike that it would be on a whizzer. i bent a piece of flat stock to mount it to on one end and mounted the other end on the motor where the kickstarter mounted. the small pulley in between the motor and gray pulley is the clutch pulley. it moves up and down with the pull of the clutch lever, my good friend came up with this set up and it works flawless. i told him he needs to patent it!!
101_4153.jpg

Latest posts

Back