"The Newsboy Special" 8-1 DONE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1963 Columbia Newsboy Special

More soon...

news1.jpg

Re: no name yet

I had most of the parts picked out for this bike. I did go through a few sets of bars and a couple sets of fenders before deciding on these. Rear fender is actually a front fender from a Murray Westport.

The top inch of the steer tube broke off after one twist of the wrench, I planned to make a klunker out of this bike anyways so that made my decision easier.

I think I'm going to build a different wheelset for this bike. So far its coming together exactly as I envisioned it.

What do you guys think so far?

col.jpg

Re: no name yet

Skipton said:
Cool frame :mrgreen:

Thanks! I knew I had to have it the second I saw it!

xddorox said:
Skipton said:
Cool frame :mrgreen:
I agree, the rear end reminds me of a 59 Impala.

I never thought of that, but now that you mention it, it does!

Re: Klunker-Bolt

Okay, I can see the root beer and cream, or green on greener paint job, and chrome above the tire. :| But where's the trunk that can carry a Sportster? :mrgreen: I'll be very interested in how well an add-on type derailleur works with the Columbia horizontal dropouts. :wink:

Re: Klunker-Bolt

Well the derailleur doesnt work with the dropouts, so I had scrapped this project.

Found a wheelset (going to pick up bike tomorrow) so I pulled the bike down and went a completely different direction with it. I'm liking it so far, just a mock up to see what it would look like.

I doubt I'll finish in time for the build off, but I'll try

cnbs.jpg

Re: "The Newsboy Special" 7-25

looks to be a 20x2.125 (but i'm just guessing.)

Latest posts

Back