** The next build off 2024 **

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about a 1941 Huffman !?
20240822_175008.jpg

All of those are 26 in..
I know of a few more hidden 24-in step through. But, don't think I want to cut through the poison ivy to get them.

I haven't decided whether or not I'll enter the Muscle Bike Build Off, but I've got at least 2 step-thrus I plan to enter.

First is my Aunt Suzanne's Western Flyer Sonic Flyer, which I just plan to refurbish and restore to working condition...
BftD_Stirrup_the_Hornets_Nest1.jpg

...and second is my prewar Monark. I'm not restoring it or refurbishing it; I'm straight-up FUNKIFYING it!
BftD_prewar_monark_low_3.jpg

You got a lot of great options! These 2 are my personal favorites out of the bikes you've shared.
The blk/red is 1939 CWC: Western Flyer badged : have complete bike (scattered- throughout).

hiding in the shadows is a Murray. Can't remember the year. But, I had done it with gray primer several years ago.

The blk/red is 1939 CWC: Western Flyer badged : have complete bike (scattered- throughout).

hiding in the shadows is a Murray. Can't remember the year. But, I had done it with gray primer several years ago.

I'm just wondering if a guy could flip a "mens" bike, snip the downtube and create a step thru...
You would have to provide some support, maybe weld in another tube?
frame.jpg

I was thinking of rebuilding my daughters "college" bike, but honestly, she couldn't care less, so...
I'm going to have to dig thru the boneyard and see if I can pull off a "Flip and Snip"
NO promises as I have to swap motors in my trucks, and that's a new endeavor for me.
I did pickup a black HHR panel so I have wheels while the Rangers are down...

I have to swap motors in my trucks, and that's a new endeavor for me.
If that's for your Ranger, those motors aren't too bad. Make sure you replace any exhaust gaskets you disturb. That's frequently skipped but causes exhaust leaks when the old ones are reused and I hate having exhaust fumes in the cab. Whenever I do a motor swap I change all the consumables, clutch, timing belt, cooling system, etc. Best to do it while it's easy access. Good luck and I look forward to your build-off entries!

Latest posts

Back