THE ODDJOB AWARDS FOR MOST RAT-ISFACTION , 3rd Annual

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Being a connoisseur of crustiness, a person of petrified patina, and a raving rust-ationalist;

I hereby dub these builds in the Build Off #12 as the "Most Rat-isfying Rust-ified Rat Rods"!

These bikes, which have a combination of real and faux-tina, epitomize the rat rod bicycle in my own weird rat-ionalizations. Each winner of this award will receive a copy of an ad for Hawk Model Company's "Weird-Oh" model kits from the March 1964 edition of Hot Rod Magazine! This ad will be custom coffee-aged by yours true-Lee and mailed to each recipient.

Congrats to this year's winners! Here they are.....in no particular order….

Trashy Lady - @kirkpatrick - This oxymoron defines this combination of class and crass. She makes her own clothes, like her custom styled paisley pink patterned 'tank top', and headlight cover. Fresh from the backwaters of southern Louisianna, she's all dressed up and going nowhere.

trashy lady kirkpatrick.jpg

Custom tank insert with rat-ina and stencil applied.
trashy lady stencil.jpg

Born Again Hawthorne - @MazdaFlyer - Discarded and headed for a life of hanging around dumpsters, this former aristoc-Rat finally 'saw the light' and was re-born. He was pulled up by the 'seat' of his pants, and oh what a seat that was; re-formed and resur-Rated into the new man he is today.

bornagain hawthorne mazdaflyer.jpg

Originally found condition of bike and seat...
bornagain saddle before.jpg

Flexible paint applied to fill the gaps and make ride-able....
bornagain with flex paint.jpg

4 colors of rat-isfying acrylic paint-ina ....behold, the new has become old....
bornagain with acrylic fatigue.jpg

11:11 - @The Renaissance Man - And in the eleventh hour a rat shall come forth, crawling out of a dark Alabama shed, ready for dirt, track, or what ever life has to throw. This beast belies it's true identity, hiding behind a genius disguise as a 1940's tank cruiser, he is so much more than that. His Shaq sized shoes, dropped bars, but most of all....that tank....or, is it a tank....? Faux-get about trying to figure it out. Dial four ones....

trm rat rod.jpg

I mean, that HAS to be rusty metal, right? Nope. High density foam, very Rat-isfying high density foam!
11 tank shot trm.jpg

Project Ed - @American Vintage Bicycle Supply - At first glance this rat looks like he's been around the block a few times, but withstood the winds of time. But he's hiding something under that trench-coat white. This rat is super powered....he's an electric-rat. And those skirts he's hiding behind cover a rear end that will push him beyond the limits of scurrying; he'll literally electric-slide right by you in the fast lane! This is no talking horse, this is a highly rat-Ed, wir-Ed up, power-Ed up rat!

Ed hanging out at his charging station...
projed.jpg

Things aren't always as they appear to be....actually two bikes made into one...

projected before paint.jpg

That's not a 50 yr old house paint, that's 5 minute old rat-ina done up with complete Rat-isfaction!
projected white paint.jpg

Rockafella - @kingfish254 - The marque says '50s. Looks like '50s, smells like '50s. But once you get on it, you realize this is not your father's Oldsmobile! This guy is a little rough around the edges, and a lotta Ruff under the skin. He's a modern man, in mid-century modern style. He's natty and ratty. He's, Rockafella.

rockafella finished bike.jpg

They say it's what's underneath the skin that counts.....
rockafella start frame.jpg

Sometimes......
kfbike.jpg

And those are your Rat Rod Bikes Build-Off #12 "OddJob Award" winners!

Attachments

• projected before paint.jpg
    projected before paint.jpg
    354 KB · Views: 292
  • projected white paint.jpg
    projected white paint.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Thanks brother Lee!!!! Glad you liked the sweat activated frame rusting I did. :)
What a cool and fun award! Make sure you hang a Weird Oh! on the wall in the BACK40 too because the Old Manse is a masterpiece of rustification!
Thanks for keeping it fun on the forum brother!

Hey thanks OJ! It's nice to be honored for thinking outside the box. And thanks for your input on the saddle restoration. I'm sure that the Hawthorne and Montgomery Wards would be honored as well on the award. Rat on...old can be new again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I received the award today, almost as good as a leg lamp! Thanks again OJ.
235e36a7c139ac7f48399f8d75cc3135.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got my OddJob Certificate of Autho-Rat-Zation today. Thank you Mr. Job for the honor to be included with this group of "Weird-Ohs". What a cool prize too!!!!

20170814_092246.jpg

I got my OddJob Certificate of Autho-Rat-Zation today. Thank you Mr. Job for the honor to be included with this group of "Weird-Ohs". What a cool prize too!!!!

View attachment 58958
Glad you like it Mr Fish! :bigsmile:

I expect to see your award doctored up with some doodadery of sorts in the near future!

Latest posts

Back