THE ODDJOB AWARDS FOR MOST RAT-ISFACTION

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OddJob

Staff member
Pro Member
Reaction score
Being a connoisseur of crustiness, a person of petrified patina, and a raving rust-ionalist; I hearby dub these builds in the Build Off #10 as the "Most Rat-isfying Rust-ified Rat Rods"! These bikes, which have a combination of real and faux-tina, epitomize the rat rod bicycle in my own weird rat-ionalizations. Each winner of this award will receive a copy of an ad for Hawk Model Company's "Weird-Oh" model kits from the March 1964 edition of Hot Rod Magazine! This ad will be custom coffee-aged by yours true-Lee and mailed to each recipient. Congrats to this year's winners! Here they are.....

Classic Rat - I mean, that is a piece of white pvc with polished steel fittings underneath....SICK! So cool!

37 Elman Streamline Deluxe - Part of it was his setting, I mean, this screams grease! His fenders match the oil drum!

Quasimoto - Rust and big ol' fat knobbies! And a springer to boot....who could ask for anything more?!

Mixfit - No more need be said....the way he MIX-ed it, just FITs !!

Fire Arrow - I could just stare at this all day long....it takes me right back to my childhood days!

Rat On!

Here is a picture of the ad that the recipients will receive......

Last edited:
Excellent choices and very cool prize!

classic%20rat%20battery%20holder.jpg

Man, If this battery holder fell off and I found it on the street I would call these guys.
iu

Amazing work on the patina!

OddJob, your bike should be in here too! Your rustification was great.

IMG_20150802_101440.jpg
Thanks Kevin! I really enjoyed the challenge of trying to blend the real and the surreal rust together...very happy with my result. Just got back from a great 11 mile ride running errands on the Beer Boy Delivery..."rides smooth as the beer she delivers"....

Amazing builds all around! That pvc turned out fantastic!

Reminded me of this stroller I built for my daughter about 13 years ago. It was great fun at car shows.

stroller.jpg
bikebuilder, that's a great rendition of the "Drag Hag"! Was it modeled after that ....literally and figuratively!? Nice work! The shocks and wheelie bars and spoked tricycle(?) wheels in front...would like to see a close up of the "engine" but I'm guessing you don't have this still 13 yrs later...?

bikebuilder, that's a great rendition of the "Drag Hag"! Was it modeled after that ....literally and figuratively!? Nice work! The shocks and wheelie bars and spoked tricycle(?) wheels in front...would like to see a close up of the "engine" but I'm guessing you don't have this still 13 yrs later...?

I do not have it anymore. I guess I just had the same crazy idea someone else had. The engine was a tool box (to hold baby supplies). The intake was an actual intake from a Toyota Corrolla that I cut up. The engine on the other looked more realistic. The front wheels came from an old golf bag cart. I built two of these but these two pics of the first one are all I have of either one. They both steered with the handles. The wheelie bar was a functional feature to get the extended front end up curbs.

Latest posts

Back