The Shelbinator. 37 Shelby Y Frame Muscle Truck

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got the bike assembled this morning before the daily grind. Finished up some polishing this eve and took a few photos. A few minor things to change and add, but will happen soon. I will get the final photos after I finish up a few details. Sorry about the clutter. View attachment 219569View attachment 219570View attachment 219571View attachment 219572View attachment 219573View attachment 219569
That's not klutter that's stuff alot of cool stuff. You want klutter see photos of my yard. Very cool bike.

I remember that they sometimes used to fit actual small 'chutes when they used to race bicycles back in the 1970s, but I would be interested to know if anyone still makes them.

I know Hamppea (hamqqea?) was talking about drag chutes at one point during last year's Muscle build, but his name is no longer searchable, I believe he had issues with voting formats and left the forum. I'm pretty sure he suggested it in my Bonefish thread..

I don't shop at Walmart much but when I do I like to hit the Clearance aisle. Found this last year for $10 for this very reason.......
IMG_20220416_163716608.jpg

You may be able to find one online. ;)

That's really cool! I have a design in my head to make it work on a bike using a lever of some type & custom box. The one you show would be a time saver. Considering the level of quality, not a bad deal.

What I really need on my bicycle is a tool bag or a toolbox.

SO Why do I now want a ratfink parachute?

Might be OK if I could keep my tools and lunch inside of it. Otherwise it’s just Something else on my bike that will get filthy.

I’m trying to imagine how I would look as a wrinkled 68 year old bald guy on a bicycle with a parachute.

I guess, all things considered, not one person in 100 would even notice that.

I know Hamppea (hamqqea?) was talking about drag chutes at one point during last year's Muscle build, but his name is no longer searchable, I believe he had issues with voting formats and left the forum. I'm pretty sure he suggested it in my Bonefish thread..

Well that’s a bummer.
I’m sorry that we lost him, but I am an American and I understand the agnst of voting issues.

It turns out that these are fully functioning. Can probably use it to pack a bottle of Geritol or vicegrips, perhaps a couple of 12 oz beers. I’m not one to really care what other people think about how I look honestly, or I would have shaved some time ago. 😉. 58, bald and wrinkled beard to belly button. Have heard it all. Rumplestiltskin, Santa, ZZ Top……. But now I’ll be a bit cooler and will have redundant stopping power when needed, but may just eject a beer into the guy behind me.
40460731-AC5C-4205-BB2A-EF8D520EFF22.jpeg

It don’t count if you just drag it on the ground bro. You got to make that puppy fly!

This thread has brought back memories of something that I haven’t thought about for over 50 years.

When we moved to Duluth Minnesota in 1967 I had never lived in a city that was on a hill. It’s very steep and it ends in Lake Superior, which is a small ocean.

It was a terrific place to learn to skateboard. But we did an awful lot of bicycling, and I remember making parachutes and towing them down hill behind our bikes.

But they were very simple and you just put it on the seat and sat on it until you wanted the chute to open.

If you screwed up and got it tangled in your spokes it was usually a big mess.

All the fun things we did when we were 12 years old . . .

Last edited:
A late evening last night. Got him from gig in northern Colorado at 330am. Roofers putting new roof on at 7 am…. You know how it goes from there. But my shifter and few other things showed up yesterday. Parachute still in transit. Time for a nap.
7225D611-9BF5-4D99-A926-00773851D5DB.jpeg
BBE8A7CC-2CA4-43FD-994D-3043BF8707F1.jpeg
0A31DA84-F5E5-4AD9-A139-D380031E8AC3.jpeg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back