the spaceracer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW! Does that look GREAT! :mrgreen:

thanks mark! :D this is gonna be my space-age taillight! once i got it off the clunky bracket,it cleaned up way better than i thought it would. this makes the third taillight i`ve gotten, from the boating section of ebay! :lol:
DSCN0353.jpg

today was nice and sunny,so i took the frame outside and spent another 2hrs. deep cleaning it. the natural light made it alot easier to spot the blemishes! then i massaged the rear dropouts,with a dremel tool,to make it easier to adjust and load the bigger rear tire. next i cut another inch off the bars,narrowing them to 24" wide.much racier! :D the drivetrain will be installed tonite,this is the combination: sprocket from mid to late 50`s monark,new blk. crank w/ 9/16" threads, and some n.o.s.,cold war era ,czech. made pedals. notice the hi-tech wax paper packaging! :lol:
DSCN0355.jpg
DSCN0360.jpg
DSCN0362.jpg

Looks good! You'll be ridin' on the Moon in comfort and style. 8)

it`s picture day! got the drivetrain done,minus chain. gotta leave it off till i get my moon tank brackets made. had to borrow the seatpost from my `41 lafrance,then mounted a n.o.s. blk. leather troxel,i had been saving for another project. mocked up the speedo on the narrowed bars,but i`ll make another bracket! :D now i have to fab up mounts for the headlight,taillight,aux. landing lights,and finally the nuclear power drive. :shock:
DSCN0374.jpg
DSCN0383.jpg
DSCN0375.jpg
DSCN0382.jpg
DSCN0392.jpg
DSCN0369.jpg
DSCN0371.jpg
DSCN0379.jpg
DSCN0388.jpg

forgot to post pics of my space age headlight! :D one 1958 darwin explorer headlight,in it`s original bag! now if i could just find a 1958 gibson explorer,in an original bag!! :lol:
DSCN0397.jpg
DSCN0401.jpg
DSCN0405.jpg

Latest posts

Back