The Twin Sin. Updated 4/02

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I love it when stuff shows up in the mail! I got my frame from Uncle Stretch today. I couldn't help myself and did a little bit of mocking up. My original intention was to build it similar to how Paul had it, but once I saw it in person it was screaming 60's custom. I was thinking of recovering the seat in white vinyl with grips to match and throw on some nice whitewalls. Normally I'm not a huge fan of ape hangers on bigger bikes but I do kind of like them on here. I have another set of cruiser type bars coming in the mail so maybe I'll decide when they get here. I was also thinking about repainting it the same metal specks red but do it over white primer instead of black. I'm also considering using their coppertone type of color.

This one was sacrificed for parts. I have two of almost the same bike and I got this one for a good deal so I don't feel bad.
DSC05398.jpg

Freshly unpacked, great job Uncle Stretch.
DSC05534.jpg

What do you guys think of it with the apes? I have to do a little grinding on the seat so that it will sit level, but it's an easy fix.
DSC05536.jpg

DSC05537.jpg

These were just some generic bars I had laying around.
DSC05539.jpg

DSC05541.jpg

Re: The Twin Sin

I normally dont like apes either,but they look good if you can reach them. :lol: Boy that green sparkle might be a good choice too.

I like the low bars on these kinda frames, and mid rise apes on typical cruiser frames. And white sparkly vinyl on the seat would be killa! That's my two cents! -Adam

The question still remains...what did it take to bribe Uncle Stretch out of his best looking frame? :lol:

Hummm well I guess that will go down in time with the rest of the uanswered questions....the meaning of life...how the earth was formed...what women really think. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Uncle Stretch said:
Hummm well I guess that will go down in time with the rest of the uanswered questions....the meaning of life...how the earth was formed...what women really think. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can answer the first two for ya. :wink:

you are one lucky guy mark! :) i consider that to be paul`s most creative frame yet. good idea on the w/walls and white trim! would look good against that color. :D

What happens in Pearland, stays in Pearland. :lol:
I like the lower bars, with that design,just about any color, other than pink, would look great. Ever seen any ugly stock Ferrari? :mrgreen:

I'm just sayin'

i like apes in general, but on that bike the other bars match better.

Hey Mark I guess you know when next winter comes and I'm looking for the stuff to insulate my pipes, I'm going to wonder where all of it is. :lol:

*disclaimer* this is only my opinion and is just that so take it as such :wink:
well now that thats out of the way.....
id go with the second set in the picture(since those are the only 2 you have shown so far) but keep them right side up....
the apes could work but those are just to short and narrow(i wouldnt use huge apes since itd render the bike unridable and still wouldnt look right*again see disclaimer* :lol: )...if you do go apes get something 2-3 inches wider/taller and about 1/4" thicker tube itd even it out more
btw did i mention that im jealous that you have that bike?

I got the bars in the mail that I had originally planned on for this bike. I think they are probably the bars that I will go with, and they will not be flipped. I tried some chrome fenders to see what it looked like. The front one is still on there but it will be fenderless because with the bottom bar so low it makes the rear fender look weird.

DSC05553.jpg

DSC05552.jpg

I also had this stem that helps give a little more reach on the bars.
DSC05554.jpg

OOOh I like those bars the best. They are cool looking. If they arnt long enough you could always do the, make them a little longer but stay under the grips trick. :wink:

Back