The Victim Gone to its new home

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chuck wanted a stretched Worksman, and because he is such a nice guy, I decided to do one.
I ran by his house and picked up what he brought home. So this one will go under the knife
so to speak. Since I never have a game plan, there is no telling how this will turn out. Should be
fun though. Give everybody something to watch...if your not busy. :wink:

DSCF0002-123.jpg

DSCF0001-134.jpg

Re: The Victim

No plan :lol: that's my method too! Are you going to kill the awkward worksman bend in the down tube?

Xc204 I doubt it. That is really the only thing that kinda distinguishes it as a Worksman.
Looking at different ones they seem to have different bends in that tube. Some have two.

Thanks menzorro I hope it turns out good. Its kinda scary with the luged tubes. Gonna have
to think about how to keep them and stretch it too. should be fun though.

Got it all apart and am only slightly bleeding from something. Man they must put the pedals
on with locktite. I can't do much more tonight without being loud , so I will start fresh tomorrow.
DSCF0002-124.jpg

Fun!!

"odd bend" no!! that makes the short portion that connects to the bottom bracket parallel to the drop in the top tub. must keep the odd bend. :wink:

Ok now thats funny. Really there isn't much to distinguish the frame without it.
The are for use I guess and not really made to look pretty. Maybe I can help that out a little.

:idea: :mrgreen: :idea:
Cut the two top tubes in a part where they are both level to each other and stretch to desired length..

cut bottom tube near front of BB possibly the tube before the gusseded part of the BB..

get a second BB and donor Tube weld BB to the end of the old bottom tube and that tube to the old BB

that will be easiest way i see doing this frame, that and an option to give rider more leg room :wink:

It will be basically like the schwinn. Should take a 3'' wide rim with no problem.
I'm redoing the rear triangle with wide chain and seat stays. Then new dropouts.
The front should be a 7'' stretch and the whole thing should look pretty custom when its done.

i always thought the downtube bend was odd too, at least on the stock frames. now that you mention the hole parallel thing (ifitsfreeitsforme) looks like it might just be a manufacturing thing. looks like they just flipped a top tube piece over and stuck it in there. that bend might make a good place to mount a new bb after the "stretch" though :)

At first glance I thought that bike had anodized rims on it, the sidewalls on the top of the rim looked gold but it looked red on the bottom and i figured it out after a second or 3.

I never saw it before , but Skip is right . That bottom tube is just a top tube turned over.

CCR if you change the placement of the BB to that bend you will loose the look of the worksman.
It would be easier to throw this frame away and build something custom. If I can make
this look cool, have the pedal forward tec. and be able to take a wide rim it will be what I'm going for.

I will check in a while Steve, but I doubt it will take a really wide rim in the stock build.

Sensor you know you like it. Will be more fun than a cool screensaver.

Latest posts

Back