The view from Western Massachusetts

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Figured I'd start one of these threads too, a place where I can dump pics from hikes, rides, interesting finds and the like from my neck of the woods.

Right in the middle of the first real snow storm of the '23/'24 season today, still coming down. There's about 8" so far.

PXL_20240107_165713671.jpg

I don't expect it to be around long, Wednesday they're calling for temps in the mid 50's with heavy rain to boot. This was an exceptionally wet year for the North East, loads of flooding all over the place. I'm thankful that I wasn't affected, but so many communities got hit bad, and multiple times, too. Total crop losses, homes and businesses flooded or washed away, major infrastructure damage, the works.

Mother Nature sure is showing signs that she's had enough of our BS. Can't say I blame her.

2023 was ridiculous with the rain in central CT and it still is. We got 4-6" yesterday this past weekend. Kids were stoked.

2023 was ridiculous with the rain in central CT and it still is. We got 4-6" yesterday this past weekend. Kids were stoked.
Agreed! Are you anywhere near the CT river? It borders my hometown and last year it came VERY close to breaching the dam, something that hasn't happened here in many decades.

More rain today, and more flooding (though nothing like what '23 brought). We wound up getting about 10" total snowfall from that storm, but today it's mid-40's and rainy. Oh well, the snow was fun while it lasted!

Agreed! Are you anywhere near the CT river? It borders my hometown and last year it came VERY close to breaching the dam, something that hasn't happened here in many decades.

More rain today, and more flooding (though nothing like what '23 brought). We wound up getting about 10" total snowfall from that storm, but today it's mid-40's and rainy. Oh well, the snow was fun while it lasted!

I'm one town over from the CT River, but a friend who lives near it said it's peaking as if it were spring. eesh.

I live near the Quinnipiac River, and as expected, had to alter my commute this morning because it was over the road in Plainville CT.

The snow was fun indeed. Kids sledded til late at night knowing that rain and warm temps were coming.

Took a ride into town to dump some books in the library return, figured I'd snap a few photos along the way.

9.2 miles on a (very heavy) early 2000's DK General Lee, completed in just under 54 minutes. Top speed was 20.6 mph, average speed 10.2 mph.

Looks like somebody misplaced one of the boards on the "Moe" barn, lol

PXL_20240211_190324907.jpg
PXL_20240211_190508708.jpg
PXL_20240211_190928781.jpg
PXL_20240211_194715378.jpg
PXL_20240211_191038924.jpg

Latest posts

Back