the water -based experiment

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
DSCN2052.jpg

DSCN2049.jpg

DSCN2048.jpg

looks good but dont ever mention water based paint to the last painter i worked with :lol: :lol: :lol: .....hed always come out of the both mad saying that it was garbage and we needed to stop working so hed have enough air pressure to spray with the blowers going :lol:

sensor said:
looks good but dont ever mention water based paint to the last painter i worked with :lol: :lol: :lol: .....hed always come out of the both mad saying that it was garbage and we needed to stop working so hed have enough air pressure to spray with the blowers going :lol:
hi iam al water base for me has been good but boring in the booth cause blowing dry takes time i used to use dbc or dbu ppg the transition was good . i tryed the flames in pearls just to see the effects compared to solvent based paints .and i find them good;the flames are done with ppg water base paint ;

this is greg .that was al talking about the paint. thats andreas dad hes the same guy who painted the vintage love bike.it can be seen in the bike builds under other female builders. :mrgreen: 8)

Water based paint is the law in SoCal already and will be in NorCal in 2010, I believe. Most everybody in big urban/populated areas are spraying with waterborne paint. I see cars painted with it everyday and feel that the coverage, matching and metallics are far better than urethane paint. However, don't forget that the clear coat is still urethane. Several of the paint manufacturers are working to develop an waterborne clear coat to replace the urethane.

I-CAR has a waterborne class, which I have yet to take. I've heard that it's a good class to take.

Latest posts

Back