The "WDIBT" Worskman Frontloader Rebuild-

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Heres the Trike

IMG_2353.jpg

Alright!

So I chose to put the original wheels back on, The hard rubber was rediculously...hard. The bike needs a cleanup-Covered in dirt and grime from the shop it was in. It might get a repaint-Probably not, As it is a worksman afterall, and it would just get trashed anyway. There are a few custom touches i want to add to the front end, Like drilling holes in the pan for drainage(the bike is going to be outside alot, im sure) figuring out a new handlebar setup, or figuring out a way to make what i have nice and cushy.

Ohh...theres alot to do, not sure how much will be done.

Right now-The wheels are getting replaced. Im looking for the hardware i need, i emailed the last owner, no response yet, someone here may hook me up, I have not asked worksman directly just yet either...but i am getting stickers from them!

Original wheels
IMG_2315.jpg

Nice thick layer of grease, And the original hard rubber tires were....Dead
IMG_2317.jpg

Strings_and_steam said:
Very cool 8)

WDIBT....Why Did I Buy That? :wink:

Yes Sir!

I got these done yesterday, Have not had a chance to clean them up.
IMG_2425.jpg

IMG_2427.jpg

IMG_2429.jpg

IMG_2431.jpg

Cut these off by first-Attempting with a cutting wheel-After a shower of sparks-I was in a cloud of black smoke...so that stopped.
Went to cable cutters, and a screw driver, worked on them for a good 2 hours.
IMG_2433.jpg

I just...cant believe it got downstairs
IMG_2435.jpg

Impressive...This thing is built so heavy duty
IMG_2436.jpg

Vancom tires, Very similar to Snafu Street tires.

Now to order that kit to mount these wheels!

Have you thought about lowering the front pan? It doesn't need the suspension springs either. Build a frame right on top of the front axle. You would need to lengthen the steer handle too. This may help some of the handling characteristics by getting the weight down low. Or order some of the lower profile springs from Worksman

cman said:
Have you thought about lowering the front pan? It doesn't need the suspension springs either. Build a frame right on top of the front axle. You would need to lengthen the steer handle too. This may help some of the handling characteristics by getting the weight down low. Or order some of the lower profile springs from Worksman
The guy i bought it from had another one, the lower sprung one...I might buy that one too, and keep the parts on hand to have the ability to swap it out...sell the rest, that sort of thing

Progress:
IMG_2465.jpg

This thing is LOOOONG looking without the pan
IMG_2461.jpg

Left over paint, Theres alot all over the chrome
IMG_2459.jpg

I dont think im going to paint inside, just clear it to seal it. Why bother painting when it will just look like this again?
IMG_2457.jpg

The GEN is staying, the line is gone
IMG_2455.jpg

IMG_2453.jpg

There was this "NEW MODEL" Sticker here-THis is the after
IMG_2451.jpg

During...No before :oops:

I see the bottom of the pan as a canvas, and i plan on painting something on it. Probably my avatar

Its Rolling now, But i tried to slide a seat on...and pushed the seatpost in... :oops:

Heres some random pictures!
IMG_2500.jpg

IMG_2502.jpg

These came from the solid tire wheels, i cant use all four, only two.

IMG_2504.jpg

Until i can get a kit from worksman(calling tomorrow...or monday) this will have to work. Its definatly rigged, but it rolls

IMG_2510.jpg

Its kinda light when its apart!

IMG_2512.jpg

IMG_2514.jpg

Took these pictures down the road...Someone got pulled over down the street...oh well

IMG_2514.jpg

IMG_2517.jpg

I ordered Parts Yesterday-What i have going now, is just NOT going to work.

I bought my first can of one shot...I might use this bike for my first try at striping. Just gotta get a brush :roll:

I got my parts more than three weeks later. I got them a few days ago.

36f09962.jpg

Stickers were not free-$1 each. Nice quality though.
I also got my fender done and mounted-thanks Tom!

67a5d9d6.jpg

Also mounted a worksman tire. Didn't like the round of the balloon tire I had on it.

55014979.jpg

I can't find the right size cranks for these. Really don't want to run a 3 piece.

3a6876d6.jpg

Hi, I like your proyect I'm going to start a similar one... but I would like to know if Worksman cycles sells the heavy duty joint where the axle spindle hooks onto.

Latest posts

Back