The Weather in North Carolina

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just saw this cartoon on Facebook:

weather_zpsd51f3e81.jpg

and as I was giggling at it I got to thinking...

Yesterday it was in the 70s so my 3 kids and I went on a bike ride around town, my kids had come from school and put on shorts and t-shirts and my 9 year old was riding in flip flops, here's my son riding Tuesday January 29th:
bub_zps05d44725.jpg

And this is on the same street, Saturday January 26th when the temperature didn't come above freezing:
snow_zpscffa0566.jpg

This is why it's hard to get anything done this time of year.

Wow, I just looked at those photos and laughed, it's even hard for me to believe, and I live here.

4 days apart!

that is crazy. Times they are changing.

We've been in a two+ week frozen lock down here in CT, with temps in the teens, and now it's 56 degrees today.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
that is crazy. Times they are a changing.

Not really, it's always this way around here. Today it is mild, wearing short sleeves, but the wind is crazy today.

Last night we had a huge windstorm. It was progressively more and more windy from around lunch time and all through the night. Drove around town this morning to see metal sheds and trampolines blown away. Not too many limbs down in my yard, but the wind just howled straight for minutes at a time like a train was going down the street, then the gusts would sound like they were pushing the windows out.

holy cow! i thought it was just us here in new england that had screwy weather all the time :mrgreen:
they always say "if you dont like the weather here , just wait a minute " :lol:

yoothgeye said:
Good and cold this morning, looking forward to earthquakes on the weekend.
:lol: Looking like pretty crazy weather there!

It was -13F with WC of -30F this morning, supposed to be 25F by tomorrow
More crazinesss coming your way...

Back